CENS or similar hearing protection

grahamch

1 hour ago, HantsRob said:

I've just received my £400 CFGs.

One ear just screeches in my ear
The other has a dodgy button

I'm really disappointed with them 😞

Get them sent straight back. My CFGs are perfect. On the highest setting I can hear a gnat **** at 40 yards.

Though the microphones on both of mine failed within a week of each other at about 10 months old. Took about 4 months to get a replacements despite them having my imprints on file.

Next time I will be going for CENS as a result.

48 minutes ago, Poor Shot said:

Get them sent straight back. My CFGs are perfect. On the highest setting I can hear a gnat **** at 40 yards.

Though the microphones on both of mine failed within a week of each other at about 10 months old. Took about 4 months to get a replacements despite them having my imprints on file.

They've changed their design so the electronics can pop out and they can in essence post replacement inners and you pop them into your moulds

3 hours ago, Poor Shot said:

I have had a similar problem with my Cens and their after sales was rubbish. I now have had CFG's coming up 12 months without a problem. I did find the guys at CFG far better to deal with. 

On 16/01/2023 at 09:18, Lampwick said:

I’ve been contemplating trying these;

https://www.best4systems.co.uk/peltor-eep-100-eu-electronic-ear-plug.html?ppc_keyword=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw6WP3ODL_AIVxODtCh0vJQiFEAQYASABEgJj_fD_BwE

They seem to have good reviews and are sensibly priced.

Anyone on here had a go with them? 

Yes, so far not too impressed with battery life, maybe it takes a couple of charge cycles to reach capacity.

2 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Yes, so far not too impressed with battery life, maybe it takes a couple of charge cycles to reach capacity.

How bad is the battery life, are we talking a few hours or less? Other than battery life what's the verdict, good protection, comfortable for long periods of time etc?

On 16/01/2023 at 09:18, Lampwick said:

I’ve been contemplating trying these;

https://www.best4systems.co.uk/peltor-eep-100-eu-electronic-ear-plug.html?ppc_keyword=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw6WP3ODL_AIVxODtCh0vJQiFEAQYASABEgJj_fD_BwE

They seem to have good reviews and are sensibly priced.

Anyone on here had a go with them? 

On 18/01/2023 at 10:24, Pops_Hants said:

How bad is the battery life, are we talking a few hours or less? Other than battery life what's the verdict, good protection, comfortable for long periods of time etc?

Apologies, work went mad last week.

Anyway, went to use them on Saturday again, having not charged them, and they lasted approximately an hour into our DIY syndicate driven day, before they shut down.

I had fully charged them for the previous Saturday, during which time they performed flawless, but again I doubt they were on for 3 hrs.

I wonder how long they'd last during a day in the hide.  Obviously, it's no bother to charge them up the night before, same as I do with my phone and the radios.  But it should be much better, especially for a product from a premium manufacturer such as 3M.