Simon6ppc The Armchair Shooter

simon6ppc

Another top notch video.Β :good:

Re: 'can't shoot through the car window'

The door mirror bracket makes a seriously good fore stock rest if its got some padding or a custom made rifle rest - assuming you are a right handed shooter. Think of it as a mobile bench rest: sat fully supported back and shoulder, right arm out the window, arm pit on the ledge, allows a decent shot on a static target area straight ahead of the car.

Its my night vision, red light or headlamp lamping bunny bashing set up and I steer the car to the quarry.

I usually cheat with a mag mount thermal spotter using its screen inside the car to get into position first.Β 

For squirrels/rabbits I have a lump of 3x2 that fits between the passenger seat headrest and the front dash, rice sock on top of wood and rifles are so well balanced almost hands off so accuracy assured. I see no problem these days with sitting in comfort waiting.

Anyone who has not tried rice in an old sock as a rifle support should have a go, you will be surprised.

Great vid as always Simon

Β 

11 hours ago, 243deer said:

For squirrels/rabbits I have a lump of 3x2 that fits between the passenger seat headrest and the front dash, rice sock on top of wood and rifles are so well balanced almost hands off so accuracy assured. I see no problem these days with sitting in comfort waiting.

Anyone who has not tried rice in an old sock as a rifle support should have a go, you will be surprised.

Great vid as always Simon

Β 

Cheers pal, i usually lie my shooting sticks across the dash but it made my barrel on align with the barbed wire out side so had to rest on the window lol.