Pork shoulder joint

Bigbob

Well i went to Bookers warehouse to get 10 litres of vinegar for cleaning traps , and there was a 3 kilo pork shoulder joint in the reduced bit has to be eaten today , So i've goggle how to do it season it rub it in oil then 30 minutes at 200 the 2 hours at 160 cant go wrong but there's only the wife and me so looks like we could be eating it on rolls tomorrow but for £2 

Hand of pork was one of my all time favourite joints, that and rib of beef. 

I used to prep all the veg Sunday morning, put the joint in the oven with the roast potato's and parsnips, go down the pub for the usual Sunday darts games, home when the pubs shut at 2.30 put the veg on, make gravy, eat dinner then nod off till tea time. 

Oh the good ole days 😋

4 hours ago, Bigbob said:

Well i went to Bookers warehouse to get 10 litres of vinegar for cleaning traps , and there was a 3 kilo pork shoulder joint in the reduced bit has to be eaten today , So i've goggle how to do it season it rub it in oil then 30 minutes at 200 the 2 hours at 160 cant go wrong but there's only the wife and me so looks like we could be eating it on rolls tomorrow but for £2 

Cool & freeze   be bang on for later

Poor a kettle of boiling water over skin. Dry with paper towel, rub salt into the skin. Straight into the oven on full heat for twenty minutes, this will make fantastic crackling. Reduce the temp to 160/180 and cook for as long as the weight of the joint suggests. Enjoy 😉 

16 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

6.6lb of pork 😋 I should like to think you've got some left unless you've got 9 kids 🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍

Nope thats what the wife says you load up the plate that much you put folk off , but if you want a roast dinner you want some meat LOL its even worse if its reduced and going out of date i feel you got to use it . The rolls turned into foot long  baguettes  . For a nice portion of meat reduce the rosters and veg who wants them anyway 

A good friend who rears old breed pigs gave me a large leg joint and this weekend we roasted it.  Have not eaten roast pork for a long time as not my normal choice but this was delcious. The remains I took from the bone , cut into 1/2 inch chunks and made up a spicy curry mix added some red beans and let it simmer for a couple of hours, rested overnight and then simmer again for a couple of hours on top of the log burner.   Large jacket potato split open and this mix poured over made another supperb meal. There was sufficent for two more meals and these where packed and in the freezer for future meals.   Did not have any apple sauce but did have a pot of date and apricote pickle I purchased over in Norfolk and this went very well with the roast and the fried chunks of potato and some dark green savoy cabbage alongside.

Edited by Walker570

54 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

A good friend who rears old breed pigs gave me a large leg joint and this weekend we roasted it.  Have not eaten roast pork for a long time as not my normal choice but this was delcious. The remains I took from the bone , cut into 1/2 inch chunks and made up a spicy curry mix added some red beans and let it simmer for a couple of hours, rested overnight and then simmer again for a couple of hours on top of the log burner.   Large jacket potato split open and this mix poured over made another supperb meal. There was sufficent for two more meals and these where packed and in the freezer for future meals.   Did not have any apple sauce but did have a pot of date and apricote pickle I purchased over in Norfolk and this went very well with the roast and the fried chunks of potato and some dark green savoy cabbage alongside.

christ that sounds nice nev :good:

1 hour ago, Bigbob said:

Nope thats what the wife says you load up the plate that much you put folk off , but if you want a roast dinner you want some meat LOL its even worse if its reduced and going out of date i feel you got to use it . The rolls turned into foot long  baguettes  . For a nice portion of meat reduce the rosters and veg who wants them anyway 

🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍

17 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Now how would veggies describe that because I notice all the stuff they artificially produce is listed a  'steak' or whatever.  If they want to eat exclusiveley vegetable diet then why use a meat eating description, sure that would put you off????????????????

Trying to con themselves into thinking it looks like something they would recoginse instead of could i have more of that gray blob please ?.