Today’s session

bunny_blaster

During the week the forecast for the weekend was wet so I didn’t plan on going out and in turn I didn’t get my decoys out of the freezer. This morning was dry and checking the weather on my phone it was going to be dry all day, typical! I loaded the truck up and put the 7 old plastic decoys I have in there as well. I headed to the furthest rape I had from home with the idea that if there were no birds I’d zig zag my way back checking fields on my way home. I checked 3 farms before finding a decent amount sat in the trees and feeding. I set up my 7 decoys which have certainly seen better days and waited. I got in the hide at 11.45 and the first group of birds came back to the field and sat in some oaks 150 yards in front of me apart from one bird which came for a look and paid the price. The first shot lifted birds from all around and I soon had a couple for the magnet. The birds came steady until 14.30 when the sky behind me looked very dark, I checked the weather app on my phone and it said heavy rain from 15.00 so I decided to call it a day as I had to pack up pick up and walk my gear and birds back to the truck. As I was locking the gate it chucked it down so I made the right choice finishing when I did. I finished with 58 pigeon

0611F628-2DB5-454F-9815-4D0C86217B8D.jpeg

1 hour ago, Wilts#Dave said:

Have you not managed to find any yet PC? You were always a very regular winter rape shooter! 

It’s a long story but I’ve had two invites from Bunny_Blaster to help him cover large areas of rape with my totals being 9 and 16 respectively. So it would appear that I’m the perfect Worzel Gummage as a scarecrow.

10 hours ago, pigeon controller said:

It’s a long story but I’ve had two invites from Bunny_Blaster to help him cover large areas of rape with my totals being 9 and 16 respectively. So it would appear that I’m the perfect Worzel Gummage as a scarecrow.

That’s most unusual for you PC! Been very low on numbers here over winter too, unusually so. I saw the first pigeons all winter hitting some rape during the snow we had in the week, been keeping an eye on it and they’re still there so will be having the first go of the year/winter today all being well. Don’t think I’ll be breaking any records! 

That was a superb short(ish) session and I don't think it will be long now before you are back amongst the three figure bags , I haven't sold any pigeons to the dealers for a while now so is there any demand now that the pandemic is over ?

THANKS for posting     MM

After a bitterly cold week I only got a chance to look at the various rape fields