The Gat Gun . SOLD

My mate's big brother had one of these back in the day.

He decided to take it apart and when putting it back together he was struggling to screw the barrel end on against the spring pressure when the whole thing jumped out of his hands and the spring flew out and hit him in the face.

That's probably about the hardest one of these things ever hit anything 😁

Ha ha.  Donkeys years ago a friend and his mate were out in the back garden with their air guns and a blue tit was perched on the washing line. Matey ups with his  gat gun and drops the blue tit.!!!!   The woman next door was at the kitchen sink and saw the event.!!!!  She comes storming out and accuses matey boy of murdering the poor defenseless bird....  matey picks the bird up gives it a couple of strokes.?  He says to the woman that the bird is just laying down having a rest. 😁👍.  Look he says as he throws the bird up in the air.  Suddenly the bird fired up on all cylinders and flew off down the garden to land in a tree.   "There yar", says matey to the woman.  It was just avin a snooze. She replied that he was a wicked little sod and that the would be having a word with his father about it.   Matey boys father did get an ear bashing about it and matey was told not to do it again.  I bet that the blue tit had been layed out and had come to.  It probably had a bit of a headache.  Blue tit at 5 paces. Lethal weapon.

I've got one of those things somewhere, I must look for it  !

Takes me back over 60 years when I bought a new spring for a Diana equivalent.  As I was fitting the new spring, I thought it would 'up the power' if I could get some of the old spring in too. I cut just less than half of the old spring and used my Dad's old sash clamp to compress the springs. I then used a pair of pipe grips to get the end cap to screw back on. Then came the moment of truth, it took some cocking, but between my pal and myself, we managed it. Then taking aim at a can about 20 feet away, I eventually managed to pull the trigger. The barrel and the gun parted company and the wood grips on the Diana both split, cutting my right hand into the bargain. It was well beyond repair  !    🙄