OLDSHOOTER

17 hours ago, Duckandswing said:

I always found my air rifles shot better when the bore wasn’t cleaned. The only time I did do it I had a few flyers. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yep bang on, unless its affecting accuracy leave the bore alone .

For the rest i use this stuff on all my guns ,12 bores air rifles ,air pistols etc .

https://www.uttings.co.uk/p110936-browning-legia-spray-red-for-metal-750ml-12429/

If for some strange reason, or its brand spanking new, you feel the need to clean your 410 napier do a pull through. 

Remove any moderator if fitted and insert the loop of the pull through into the muzzle and feed down to the mag housing. Once it pops out insert the required amount of patches into the loop add a few drops of your favourite barrel cleaner to the patches and (you'll like this bit 😉) pull them through, back to the muzzle. Do this a couple of times then use clean patches till they come out, well, clean.

Re lead the barrel with 30-40 of its favourite pellet and you should be good to go. Or you'll be back exactly where you started if there was no reason other than your own satisfaction to clean it.

Edited by manthing

As above I use a napier pull through with ballistol. Followed by enough clean patches to come out clean. 

MPR S400 barrel needs a clean every couple of tins, same with the S410 22. Steyr 177 needs a clean each time it's used, HW100 22 I don't know yet. It's brand new and I'm learning what it likes. 

They get cleaned when the groups open up. 

Edit

With an AA S410 you may want to turn the rifle up so the cleaning solution doesn't run down the transfer port. Pop a couple of empty shots down just to clear it through. 

Edited by Mr.C

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/04/2023 at 19:38, Newbie to this said:

If you absolutely feel the need to clean the rifle bore, Napier do a pull through kit.

https://www.napieruk.com/products/power-pull-through-kit

Or just use some 50lb fishing line.

Not really into cleaning air guns but having bought 2 second hand ones with no real idea of their previous use I thought I'd give it a go - particularly with the 22 which had all the indications of the previous owner being  a fiddler with no real idea of what he was doing. So I got the Napier kit. As the cleaning fluid is now in a pump can and no longer in the pressurised version which had a nozzle could someone explain how, as the outlet is in the bit you pump and which no longer has a nozzle, you keep it lined up on the barrel bore - especially a 177. Yeah, I know, simply soak a patch and pull it through. I expect they'll amend the instructions for use eventually.

On 26/04/2023 at 17:25, wymberley said:

Not really into cleaning air guns but having bought 2 second hand ones with no real idea of their previous use I thought I'd give it a go - particularly with the 22 which had all the indications of the previous owner being  a fiddler with no real idea of what he was doing. So I got the Napier kit. As the cleaning fluid is now in a pump can and no longer in the pressurised version which had a nozzle could someone explain how, as the outlet is in the bit you pump and which no longer has a nozzle, you keep it lined up on the barrel bore - especially a 177. Yeah, I know, simply soak a patch and pull it through. I expect they'll amend the instructions for use eventually.

Sounds as though they didn't think that one out.