Video doorbells without subscriptions

Bobba

Recommendations based on experience please on video door bell which comes with its’ own chime, where you can retrieve video clips from its’ own base unit inside the property (so not on any iCloud requiring subscriptions) and is idiot proof to install. Thank you.

(I have searched the forum but can’t find an answer)

Go for the 'Ring' brand and you wont go wrong.

I bought the cheapest one Amazon (£60) sell in November 2022 and had to charge it for the 2nd time last week-which is pretty good considering it gets tripped multiple times a day. Download the app from your phones store, scan the QR code on back of doorbell and away you go.

Easy.

Edited by Imperfection

20230413_111303.jpg.3b44167658770fa26b326f67560b229a.jpgI have just fitted a 'eufy' video doorbell on the advice of my S in Law. who is an alarm installer. He rated it better than the 'Ring', it was under £150 at Costco. It was simple to fix (I fitted it  ?  I am totally computer illiterate). The bell push needs overnight charging every 6 months, using the supplied charger. He tuned it in to both my Wife's and my mobile phones and also the 'Alexa' thing which acts as a repeater bell, in the kitchen. It has been fitted around a month and is working perfectly.  Loud enough for us both to hear, and we are both deaf, excellent quality on our somewhat basic phones AND, completely subscription free. PM me with any questions. It is the eufy 220 model.

Edited by Westley

I second the Eufy. 

They can be set to record for any movement, or human detection only, or just when the bell is rung. You can set up notifications on your phone also with a snapshot.
And the video is recorded to a micro SD in the base unit, rather than on the cloud somewhere..

3 hours ago, sandspider said:

Do the cameras on these only trigger when the bell button is pushed, or when anyone approaches the door - movement sensor? I assume the latter, but...?

Thanks.

The movement sensor records everything which moves within its range. Makes me laugh when some people refuse to press the button and use the door knocker above it instead-it still records them. 😄

Hedgehogs, foxes, cars-anything.

Can you set the EUFY to pick up cars - as having problems with neighbours speeding excessively and would love footage. I did get a Yi camera - it has motion detection - but by the time it triggers the car is gone!!!

We are also know that there are people currently working this area (they haven't been here though yet)

3 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Sounds like a job for a proper, wired IP camera to me, recording 24/7, not a door bell camera.

I have seen a solution (for car speed) that utilises a Raspberry Pi and a camera - the trouble is getting a pin is like finding unicorn droppings!!

we have a full view of the front and can capture anyone on the drive/front garden. 

I went and had a word with the lad who was speeding. Turns out his parents are **** heads as well (“if he knocks someone over it is his problem”)

his Dad tried to pull ex-Forces on me - I quickly put his bonfire out as we were both Signals. He done cushy postings while I done 7 Sigs which was a tough unit (ex penal posting)