Lifeshine Autoglym Protection

harrycatcat1

Nope.

It's just cheap wax and some **** they spray on the seats to make them hydrophobic for a few weeks. It will be done by the apprentice who, if you're lucky, will use a fresh sponge when he washes your car before applying it. It's about £80 worth of work for the dealer and a good earner for the sales person. 

Take it down to your local detailers and have them valet and wax it for a quarter of the price. The results be the same, if not better. 

9 hours ago, Poor Shot said:

Nope.

It's just cheap wax and some **** they spray on the seats to make them hydrophobic for a few weeks. It will be done by the apprentice who, if you're lucky, will use a fresh sponge when he washes your car before applying it. It's about £80 worth of work for the dealer and a good earner for the sales person. 

Take it down to your local detailers and have them valet and wax it for a quarter of the price. The results be the same, if not better. 

Thank you 👍 I suspected as much but didn't know 👍👍👍👍👍

2 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Thank you 👍 I suspected as much but didn't know 👍👍👍👍👍

Steer clear of anything enthusiastically sold by a sales person other than the core product. Almost always either not required or can be found a lot cheaper elsewhere. That stands outside of car sales also.

The last couple of cars I have brought the dealer got it done as a sweetener on the deal. The bag of kit you get with it must be worth a fair bit. Just ordered a new Skoda Karoq and got a good deal. They then tried to sell me the lift shine half price but I said no so they have added it for free. And before someone says nothing is free, the dealer added it on after we had agreed the deal on the car

Edited by Stimo22

I bought a 2 yr old Nissan Juke. The dealer rang me to say i can pick it up at 12 noon. But if i want the wax treatment i can pick it up at 1pm.

£300 for an hours polish up, i don't think so. Plus all the other rubbish they wanted to sell me.

The products themselves are very good, the trouble is they need to be applied properly to work, and this is rarely done.

My daughter used to work for Autoglym, they run training courses for professional valeters/detailers/bodyshops on the use of their products, very good company.

Most dealers (and I speak from working in the motor trade) use contract "car cleaners" on minimum wage who wont apply the product properly.

There is also a huge mark up, and commission for the salesmen.

My advice is don't get any treatment done at the dealer, do some research and find a local valeting company that will do it.

6 hours ago, samboy said:

I bought a 2 yr old Nissan Juke. The dealer rang me to say i can pick it up at 12 noon. But if i want the wax treatment i can pick it up at 1pm.

£300 for an hours polish up, i don't think so. Plus all the other rubbish they wanted to sell me.

👍

23 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

The products themselves are very good, the trouble is they need to be applied properly to work, and this is rarely done.

My daughter used to work for Autoglym, they run training courses for professional valeters/detailers/bodyshops on the use of their products, very good company.

Most dealers (and I speak from working in the motor trade) use contract "car cleaners" on minimum wage who wont apply the product properly.

My advice is don't get any treatment done at the dealer, do some research and find a local valeting company that will do it.

👍

It very well maybe done anyway as it keeps the cars on the forecourt cleaner for longer. The only thing you get for your 300 is the kit so you can top it up at home ! Autoglym Is very good and used by most forecourt prep teams . It’s a way that they can cover some of the costs for  making the stock look top notch!

Agriv8

Edited by Agriv8

On 17/04/2023 at 21:16, Wymondley said:

This.. 

On 17/04/2023 at 22:39, Agriv8 said:

It very well maybe done anyway as it keeps the cars on the forecourt cleaner for longer. The only thing you get for your 300 is the kit so you can top it up at home ! Autoglym Is very good and used by most forecourt prep teams . It’s a way that they can cover some of the costs for  making the stock look top notch!

Agriv8

👍

11 hours ago, paulinlincs said:

This.. 

👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/04/2023 at 08:38, Imperfection said:

Autoglym is a fantastic brand that i've personally used for over 25 years, but £300 is a lot of money for something which stones can still penetrate.

You'd be best off applying 3 coats of their Super resin polish then finish off with a coat of carnauba wax (any brand).

👍