HW80K or HW95K

Lloyd90

58 minutes ago, Stephen-H said:

Hw95k had mine 10 years then sold it due to not using it. I still regret it till this day fantastic in .177 unbelievable accuracy 

Good to hear, I read the 95 is lighter, I had a Prosport which was stunning but just way too heavy so sold it to a mate. 

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

Probably 22, had the Prosport in 177, was ok, good flat but lacked punch, remember shooting a crow and think it pencilled straight through. 

Hello, there was one for sale on the afg, there are 177 pellets that will stop better but it depends if the barrel likes them, I use Hades in 177 and 22 , 

The heavier the pellet the more it will penetrate and pass through your quarry . So a heavy  .22 will go right through a crow  compared to a lighter .177 .

Heavy for calibre  penetrates most -so a .177 at 13grns  will penetrate more than a  15grn .22 .but say 

8.5 grn .177 v 16 grn .22  the. 22 will definitely penetrate more  how much energy is dumped into the quarry is another question entirely  .

23 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, there was one for sale on the afg, there are 177 pellets that will stop better but it depends if the barrel likes them, I use Hades in 177 and 22 , 

Thanks, just signed up, any idea where their sales section is? 🤔

Had many of both in .177 & .22 I've given up on springers now but out of the two I found the 95 harder to shoot, the ones I had were untouched from the factory though. I serviced my 80's nothing tweeked & much prefer the 80 as it was "softer" mine were anyway. The best one I owned was an old Venom tuned .177 very stupid to sell it. Very smooth shooting & was serious competition vs pcp's in my mind.

On 05/05/2023 at 06:38, nellywinner said:

HW95 stick a tuning kit in, makes it even better.

Which kit do you use?

5 hours ago, THEINVISIBLESCARECROW said:

Had many of both in .177 & .22 I've given up on springers now but out of the two I found the 95 harder to shoot, the ones I had were untouched from the factory though. I serviced my 80's nothing tweeked & much prefer the 80 as it was "softer" mine were anyway. The best one I owned was an old Venom tuned .177 very stupid to sell it. Very smooth shooting & was serious competition vs pcp's in my mind.

I can see the HW80 being easier to shoot as I held both side by side yesterday and the 80 was a lot heavier and thicker in both stock and metal work. 

I’ve opted for the HW95k, bought a new one to take out the stress of wondering if the rifle is a dud etc. if all well will probably my drop in a tuning kit anyways. 

On 10/05/2023 at 16:07, Lloyd90 said:

Which kit do you use?

I can see the HW80 being easier to shoot as I held both side by side yesterday and the 80 was a lot heavier and thicker in both stock and metal work. 

I’ve opted for the HW95k, bought a new one to take out the stress of wondering if the rifle is a dud etc. if all well will probably my drop in a tuning kit anyways. 

It was a TBT kit.

• 3 weeks later...

Chrono’d the 95k last night and it’s shooting brilliant, 11.5 ft/lb and it’s very consistent. 

There is a slight twang but I have a TBT tuning kit and my mate who’s tuned loads of them who’s going to fit it. 

He tuned his HW80k and there’s no twang at all on that so hopefully for the same result. 

Well done, on getting a 95,  I have two , one .in .177 Sandwell Field Sports tuned. Consistently shooting at 11.5ft/lbs .

The other is my .22 fitted with a V-Mach kit , this is smooth as a 'cashmere codpiece ', shooting at 11.2 ft/lbs.

My  .22 80k , is brilliant and i would never part with it , but its too heavy for me to lug around in the field, at my advanced years.

Guns for life, enjoy yours, hang on to it .

• 2 months later...

could allways just get both.not really a lot in it.hw80 is heavier but makes no difference unless you shoot standing.have got a.22 hw95 that is vortek tuned and that is very smooth but i like to shoot my .25 hw80 more as it is just more fun.have had 4 of each but the last two i own i will now keep.can not say one is better than the other.