Lamb Protection Part One 2023

19 hours ago, jall25 said:

Simon

Not watched this one yet

You are out a lot

In my experience foxes do take lambs - good healthy lambs too - there is a thread running on SD with many disputing this. What are our thoughts - real life experiences please ?

Ye pal foxes do take lambs but being truthful they get the blame for it also when badgers are taking them as well in fact over the last few years i think badgers now are causing more problems than foxes but as you know there'sΒ  nothing we can do about it and its the same with Ravens but same again nothing we can do about it.

17 hours ago, Spr1985 said:

Another cracking video Simon, the velvety covering on the crow decoys I believe is called flocking πŸ‘πŸ»

Ye thanks pal you are right.

18 hours ago, Spr1985 said:

Another cracking video Simon, the velvety covering on the crow decoys I believe is called flocking πŸ‘πŸ»

i used to have the plain old black plastic crow deeks....i rekoned they were useless ...until one old boy told me to wash them and get a pot of kiwi black boot polish and give the a good polish and buff up......

well i did that and they came up a treat with a slight irredesence.......then i put them out and the blackies went stoopid over them....worked very well indeed

3 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i used to have the plain old black plastic crow deeks....i rekoned they were useless ...until one old boy told me to wash them and get a pot of kiwi black boot polish and give the a good polish and buff up......

well i did that and they came up a treat with a slight irredesence.......then i put them out and the blackies went stoopid over them....worked very well indeed

Very interesting Β that ditchy, I’ve always been advised the opposite, to make them flat/dull. Might have to give a couple a spruce up and see what happensΒ 

23 minutes ago, ditchman said:

Been having some great days ditchy with the decoys and the caller

Over 300 the last 5/6 weeksΒ 

9 hours ago, simon6ppc said:

Ye pal foxes do take lambs but being truthful they get the blame for it also when badgers are taking them as well in fact over the last few years i think badgers now are causing more problems than foxes but as you know there'sΒ  nothing we can do about it and its the same with Ravens but same again nothing we can do about it.

Ye thanks pal you are right.

I can certainly back that statement about Badgers. There are loads of them on my perm. and I have actually seenΒ  them dragging a lamb carcass around.

But dont tell Mr Packham, it might upset him.

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC SIMONπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™‹πŸ‘,That was some cracking shootan Buddy, and like Ditchy said, that's one way to keep ya ears clean , get JACK to lick um clean.

Good filming and shootan . Keep um comming .