Caroline lucas

countryman

Is stepping down from the Green Party, shame, I remember her about 25 years ago outside the gate of my property stirring up a s storm over a communication mast that I had allowed on my land, the locals were convinced that they would be radioactive as soon as it went live, even someone who died of a hart attack was put down to it. 

43 minutes ago, countryman said:

Is stepping down from the Green Party, shame, I remember her about 25 years ago outside the gate of my property stirring up a s storm over a communication mast that I had allowed on my land, the locals were convinced that they would be radioactive as soon as it went live, even someone who died of a hart attack was put down to it. 

I also hear that Drakeford will be stepping down in Wales after the next election. That cannot come too soon, either.

Careful...I sense a moderator's paw hovering over the 'lock thread' button...

So I'll just opine with: Absolutely zero point in the green party anyway, both Labour and Cons have adopted net zero as hard policy.  At this point all the greens have left is NIMBYism, even if it's against better public transport links.

3 hours ago, Penelope said:

I also hear that Drakeford will be stepping down in Wales after the next election. That cannot come too soon, either.

What Dripford says and what he does rarely go together, he promised to go a long time ago but made excuses.

1 hour ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Careful...I sense a moderator's paw hovering over the 'lock thread' button...

So I'll just opine with: Absolutely zero point in the green party anyway, both Labour and Cons have adopted net zero as hard policy.  At this point all the greens have left is NIMBYism, even if it's against better public transport links.

This, I imagine, might well be the reason for her leaving! She's too much of a politician trying to formulate a genuine multi-platform party, rather than what most green members are interested in, which is local politics and Nimbyism. Lucas leaving will kill the Green Party. They're their own worst enemy.

Should be called the monster  looney party they don't have a clue . The only good thing Wee Fat Eck Salmon did was build another forth road bridge They objected saying no need for it use public transport although i wouldnt have been able to get to my work for early shifts 

18 hours ago, AlistairB said:

Just don't drive over it in the winter when the ice is falling off!

The bridge that will never shut ?. Its been shut more times than the old bridge and although its got a 70 mph speed limit the fastest i ever got across it was 50 mph