Scully

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, JKD said:

Just to add,,,, this is only happening on PW and most ads are related or loosely related to the topic and subject I'm looking at.

As said above,,,, some drop-downs are the same as the main and at the top of a page.

I've gone through all possible parts of Google and Chrome and settings etc and turned off anything that was on and relating to ads or privacy.

Perhaps it's a site setting and needs the boss ( @Teal ) to get involved ?

Further to this,,,, no drop-down ads when the site sponsors ad (Browning) is showing ! 🙄

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

Here’s mine 

I know that the advertising pays to run the site but it’s getting a tad wearing 

IMG_7107.png

thats EXCACTLY what im receiving.............i already put up with it in the top strap.......but then as im scrolling thro/up/down ...another strap rises slowly from the bottom which blocks half the screen then i cancell it and it slowly (painfully slowly sinks down off the screen......then when i go on a different page it all happens again

9 hours ago, marsh man said:

They normally come on during the four hours you are eating your Sunday roast beef dinner with the mouth watering Yorkshire puddings Harry :drinks:

🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍👍

9 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Here’s mine 

I know that the advertising pays to run the site but it’s getting a tad wearing 

IMG_7107.png

I can honestly say I've never seen these adverts.

8 hours ago, ditchman said:

thats EXCACTLY what im receiving.............i already put up with it in the top strap.......but then as im scrolling thro/up/down ...another strap rises slowly from the bottom which blocks half the screen then i cancell it and it slowly (painfully slowly sinks down off the screen......then when i go on a different page it all happens again

We’re being picked on for being computer dyslexic 

were victims any chance of counciling 

1 hour ago, Bigbob said:

Only thing with using a adblocker is when you go to open something up it asks you to disable your adblocker to allow there adverts or you cant open up the item you wanted to look at 

And the only one I get regularly is the good old Daily Mail, I use it as a reminder not to read the Daily Mail.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

44 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i think it is something to do with the PW owners settings of the site..........we've had this trouble before..its a PIA

I agree and vaguely remember the previous issues.

I've done everything suggested and nothing is stopping these annoying ads 🤷😖 As I said previously,,,, if the Browning or the Just Cartridges ads are showing,,,, NO DROP-DOWNS !!!

Edited by JKD

12 hours ago, JKD said:

I've done everything suggested and nothing is stopping these annoying ads 🤷😖 As I said previously,,,, if the Browning or the Just Cartridges ads are showing,,,, NO DROP-DOWNS !!!

Those adverts are part of a paid deal, they are in the site make-up.

Ad Blocker Plus will sort all the other problems out.

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Those adverts are part of a paid deal, they are in the site make-up.

Ad Blocker Plus will sort all the other problems out.

I know that TC. And I've tried adblockers, but they don't seem to work with this Lenovo tablet. No issues on my Samsung mobile, with Samsung Adblocker.

Seems odd also, that others have the same issue all at the same time ?

5 hours ago, JKD said:

I know that TC. And I've tried adblockers, but they don't seem to work with this Lenovo tablet. No issues on my Samsung mobile, with Samsung Adblocker.

its what happened last time....im getting to the stage where i would pay a flat fee and get NO bleedin carp ads 'cept shooting related stuff

5 hours ago, JKD said:

Doesn't seem odd that I don't though!   :cool1:

10 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Doesn't seem odd that I don't though!   :cool1:

So what device are you using ? On my laptop and mobile I have no issues,,,, on my LENOVO tablet, no adblockers work,,,, trust me I've tried !!! On my Google account I've disabled ads,,,, still got drop-downs, on PW only 🙄