Small bore 410 and 28 bore non toxic cartridges

So guys what's the latest regards non lead cartridges for small gauges 410 and 28 bores apart from Bismuth has any of the leading cartridge manufacturers got a solution to this problem ? Or are we all being sold down the river with no option when the lead shot ban comes ?

Loading your own is not the right answer here for lots of gun owners so there needs to be an option available that's competitive on price and is just as effective on range and pattern as lead shot loads !

Edited by blasterjudd

2 minutes ago, holloway said:

I am afraid that unless you reload or are a millionaire and buy Bismuth shells you have no options.

Even if you reload there's no wads for the .410 for steel or TSS - TPS wads always seem to be out of stock and their doesn't seem to be a European wad for steel in a .410 despite claims than various countries have been shooting non-lead for years.

12 hours ago, Fargo said:

You can buy steel Fiocchi 28b ( I’m getting in BE) for £200/250

Where's BE ?

And how many carts for £200 / 250?

8 minutes ago, Fellside said:

Potential ‘derogation’ for the 410….?! According to some (closer to the matter than I am), this is going to happen. I have more of a ‘let’s hope so’ attitude. Nothing is done until the ink is dry. 

Basc and other shooting associations have sold the shooting industry down the river so much for us boys supporting and paying their membership time to dump them I say !

28 minutes ago, blasterjudd said:

Where's BE ?

Basc and other shooting associations have sold the shooting industry down the river so much for us boys supporting and paying their membership time to dump them I say !

That one’s been done to death. We are where we are. We just have to make the best of it. The 410 derogation would be a welcome rescue. 

1 hour ago, blasterjudd said:

Where's BE ?

BE = Belgium when my mates drive over from there .  

£200 for 250 cartridges - actually it’s a bit less as it’s €200 euro so about £182.

Edited by Fargo

25 minutes ago, Bear68 said:

@FargoDo you find they perform well on live quarry?

Yes but I only had 50 out of a slab I bought as my mate wanted the rest. I’ll see if can find a box. They are made I believe for the usa market and from memory were 21g plastic wad 4’s. I’ll see if I’ve any empty ones about to photo . I used them on a duck pond only and where ok but most ducks where 10-20 metres

Hi I have loaded steel in 28 gauge for many years. The load I have used is 15 grams of 6 shot or 16 grams of 4 shot . In .410 10 grams of steel 6 or 7 shot. 21 grams of steel shot is a lot for a 28 gauge l couldn’t get 21 grams of steel 4 shot in any wads that I use for steel in 28 gauge . 21 grams of steel 4 will take up more space than 21 grams of 6 shot. More steel shot cartridges are now available with bio wads in 12 gauge and 20 gauge. The US have different types of non lead cartridges in 28 gauge and.410 . 

1 hour ago, Gas seal said:

Hi I have loaded steel in 28 gauge for many years. The load I have used is 15 grams of 6 shot or 16 grams of 4 shot . In .410 10 grams of steel 6 or 7 shot. 21 grams of steel shot is a lot for a 28 gauge l couldn’t get 21 grams of steel 4 shot in any wads that I use for steel in 28 gauge . 21 grams of steel 4 will take up more space than 21 grams of 6 shot. More steel shot cartridges are now available with bio wads in 12 gauge and 20 gauge. The US have different types of non lead cartridges in 28 gauge and.410 . 

I’ll double check about the load but sure was 21g