I am off to protest: 20mph Wales

discobob

Sorry - I forgot to put that we had the Air Ambulance land on the school field outside our house a few months ago for a kid that was knocked down coming out of the senior school. Caused by the parking - not the speed.... Last I heard he was OK but he was flown to hospital.....

20mph is only the first step - their target is 193 cars per 1000 people so 19.3% - in our house it is 75% and the other percent can't drive yet. We each need our cars for work - the lad there is no busses - he could use a bike but coming back home at 10.30 at night along roads with no streetlights etc...., the wife carries her clients and equipment and I work in Liverpool 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, steve1066 said:

I mentioned to my wife yesterday that the 20 mph is a inconvenience but what if one of my family have their life saved because of it, would I be still be as critical and was I being selfish signing the on_line petition.

Better lower it to 10mph and then we'll be even safer.

7 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

It has to be applied to ALL road users then not just motorists.

Oh and the must use public transport should be applied to ALL politicians first.  If  Boris could do it so should the Welsh first minister, set an example.

Edited by Yellow Bear

Life is a risk - and it is up to everybody to manage their own risk - obviously without putting other peoples lives at risk at the same time.

A life without any risk isn't a life - it is merely existing - trundling through doing nothing until you are told to do something or believe something - almost as if they are programmed.....

10 hours ago, discobob said:

A life without any risk isn't a life - it is merely existing - trundling through doing nothing until you are told to do something or believe something - almost as if they are programmed.....

I like merely existing.

I have found my comfort zone.

Although I tend not to trundle.

I sort of bumble my way along.

Reminds me of a song

:shaun:

12 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

I like merely existing.

I have found my comfort zone.

Although I tend not to trundle.

I sort of bumble my way along.

Reminds me of a song

:shaun:

There comes a time in life where you want to stop taking risks - it can be becoming a parent, retiring or just wanting to slow life down - but again - that is your choice to do.

Not to have it forced onto you - you as an individual might accept it - but you have to understand when other people don't want to go along with it..