I am off to protest: 20mph Wales

discobob

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, discobob said:

Well - the adolf wannabe of Wales is at Holywell this lunchtime and I am going. Will it do any good - not likely - but if we don't then there definitely will be nothing done.....

mind you - if there is nobody there I will skulk away 😆

Well done have your say it's coming across the country. 

With there new found belief labour are going to take control of the country there will be more constraints on our way of life attributed to climate control and there confirmed banning or control of most country pursuits. 

22 minutes ago, discobob said:

Well - the adolf wannabe of Wales is at Holywell this lunchtime and I am going. Will it do any good - not likely - but if we don't then there definitely will be nothing done.....

mind you - if there is nobody there I will skulk away 😆

Just watch your speed! LOL! I went to the lovely lady up at Gwynedd Firearms once. The time of Richard Brunstrom. My Lord I never saw so many speed cameras in a singe day ever before!

Edited by enfieldspares

Interesting title. Not sure if you are protesting about imposition or 20mph. We campaigned for 20mph in our village for five years before the Council conceded. No pavements, gates straight onto the road, primary school, blind corners, cars parked….it was a death waiting to happen as witnessed by a number of near misses. We are relieved we have it.

1 minute ago, Dave at kelton said:

Interesting title. Not sure if you are protesting about imposition or 20mph. We campaigned for 20mph in our village for five years before the Council conceded. No pavements, gates straight onto the road, primary school, blind corners, cars parked….it was a death waiting to happen as witnessed by a number of near misses. We are relieved we have it.

In some places yes absolutely,  but on wide or normal roads, with curbs, lights ect then no.

Roads that will have been 30mph for the last 40 years no doubt. 

6 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

I'd like, yes, and enforced 20mph in our village too. Idiot lorries use it as a legitimate short cut from M1 J21A to the A47 and a large distribution warehouse. Going through the village to go through the "circle" as it were rather than around the circumference of it.

Edited by enfieldspares

Wales has stopped all road improvements - including bypasses etc. that have been planned for years (so that money has been wasted) that would remove vehicles from a lot of places.

20mph just at the bottom of our road - a few months ago we had an air ambulance taking a kid to school that had been knocked over... main cause - all the stupid parking done by parents to pick their precious up - and despite years of complaining (it makes it nigh on impossible to get into our lane safely) nothing has been done about it (by a labour council)....

Our lane, is a public footpath, a shared surface, a safer routes to schools - it was upgraded from being a rough lane just at the start of lockdown - funded by a house builder who was building an estate on a meadow field not far from us...We have cars flying up it at up to 60/70 mph at times. Many complaints about it - what is done - nada.

I believe in 20 in the right places

This is 20 by us - a rural road

image.png.238842f2db8aa4be58a8f479838f78d7.png

image.png.47b681ebe2197bc7959177017f52db72.png

image.png.c15070a0bb05dbf363f533fd315ad08e.png

It isn't a built up residential area.....

Enfieldspares.

Thats ok in small villages but not when there are pavements and street lights can you imagine the bumps that are going to happen going from a 40mph down to 20mph there is one place up here that’s 30 mph and nearly two miles long with lights and pavement both sides of the road so why drop down to 20 it’s ruddy rude stupid.

All the best bob

Edited by snow white

My town will become completly 20mph from Sunday(yellow is 20), just stupid, i agree with 20 mph round schools hospitals etc.

The cost for all this is estimated at £33 million, the cost to the econemy is estimated at over £4 billion, when Wales has a lot of stuff this could be spent on like our dire nhs.

p dock.jpg

17 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

20 is just ridiculous, it's not a speed easily or comfortably maintainable by a motor vehicle, especially an automatic. It's bad for fuel economy and will cause issues with cyclists overtaking cars ect

Just wait for the howls when either

A cyclist gets done for speeding. 

or

A cyclist does not get done for speeding when overtaking a car doing 20 when police present.

8 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Just wait for the howls when either

A cyclist gets done for speeding. 

or

A cyclist does not get done for speeding when overtaking a car doing 20 when police present.

Very true that, this is a ditopian future dictators wet dream. This country has too many laws already, while the important ones are already not policed. The average person is going to get pushed too far at some point. How can the powers that be claim to be governing by consent.

The other interestsing fact is in 1903 a speed limit of 20mph was introduced, after mass disobedience, it was raised to 30mph in 1934.

I would love to see a test case regarding the legality and legitimatcey of imposing a limit that has in essence abolished due to non public consent.

4 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Thanks for this, however, this should no longer be the case with the increases in technology.

Legally speed limits were applied to motor vehicles and not a pedal bike, the same as there's no speed limit for walking or running 

19 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

The other interestsing fact is in 1903 a speed limit of 20mph was introduced, after mass disobedience, it was raised to 30mph in 1934.

I would love to see a test case regarding the legality and legitimatcey of imposing a limit that has in essence abolished due to non public consent.

Legally speed limits were applied to motor vehicles and not a pedal bike, the same as there's no speed limit for walking or running 

However there is a case to be made under Wanton and Furious cycling if they overtake vehicles doing the speed limit

2 hours ago, welsh1 said:

over £4 billion,

They have upped that to 6.5 billion

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

Legally speed limits were applied to motor vehicles and not a pedal bike

I did put in a petition to the Welsh Assembly for cyclists to adhere to the 20 if it was based on their propaganda - it got rejected....

And you can get speedometers - or apps on phones - that display the speed.....

Well - I am back - he must have crept in there early (I was there just after 11.30) and came out and jumped straight into the car. I am lucky (others around are unlucky) that I have a Drill Square Voice and started some chants - I had to tell some people to calm it because they were effffing and jeffing as that is what they want. There was a sprog who threw an egg from across the road - and missed the car 🤣

I was surprised when I had my shoulder felt.....by the owner of my local shooting ground...

I felt very uncomfortable of a sprog police officer - "Move off the road or I will make you" - still considering registering a complaint on that threat - not to me - but someone in front of me....

14 minutes ago, discobob said:

Well - I am back - he must have crept in there early (I was there just after 11.30) and came out and jumped straight into the car. I am lucky (others around are unlucky) that I have a Drill Square Voice and started some chants - I had to tell some people to calm it because they were effffing and jeffing as that is what they want. There was a sprog who threw an egg from across the road - and missed the car 🤣

I was surprised when I had my shoulder felt.....by the owner of my local shooting ground...

I felt very uncomfortable of a sprog police officer - "Move off the road or I will make you" - still considering registering a complaint on that threat - not to me - but someone in front of me....

Dripford sneaks in and out because he knows he is hated, he came to a hotel built 300yds away from where i work to big them up for their first year in business, no one had a clue he was there until the local news reported his visit, he slithers in and slithers away.

21 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

Dripford sneaks in and out because he knows he is hated, he came to a hotel built 300yds away from where i work to big them up for their first year in business, no one had a clue he was there until the local news reported his visit, he slithers in and slithers away.

the only thing he is competent in is ruining the country on his marxist/wef claptrap... Klaus Schwab must have taken him in his happy place.......