This Will Take Some Believing .

marsh man

Would you believe a Pig farmer in Norfolk is to be paid up to £1.5m of public money to not to keep Pigs on his land , If it sound unusual that's because it is as it is the first of it's kind in the UK.

A deal- the first of it's kind in the UK will see up to £1.5m of public money paid to a Norfolk farmer to stop him raising Pigs on his land, this I believe is to stop harmful nutrients flowing into the waterways .

You can read the full story in the Eastern Daily Press .

One very lucky ( and rich ) farmer if you ask me .

Hmm. Well I remember when the then English Nature (part of the Department of the Environment at the time) imposed a SSSI (Site of Special Scientific Interest) on my land they placed a whole list of things we could not do yet having then said we couldn't do any of them didn't offer a single penny piece to recompense us for the money lost from not being able to do any of these things. Ever. Not in any of the subsequent thirty to forty years after either. So my input is that I'm completely on the farmer's side. If DEFRA of whoever want it done "for the public good" then let the public purse pay for that income stream the farmer will now be denied. 

15 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Would you believe a Pig farmer in Norfolk is to be paid up to £1.5m of public money to not to keep Pigs on his land , If it sound unusual that's because it is as it is the first of it's kind in the UK.

A deal- the first of it's kind in the UK will see up to £1.5m of public money paid to a Norfolk farmer to stop him raising Pigs on his land, this I believe is to stop harmful nutrients flowing into the waterways .

You can read the full story in the Eastern Daily Press .

One very lucky ( and rich ) farmer if you ask me .

But raw sewage is fine, you really couldn't make this insanity up could you.  Food security is essential and getting more so by the day.

hello, i am going back many years when i was working with TWA, a farmer kept pigs in a field above a water pumping station / reservoir , it was deemed not the ideal place to keep pigs but the TWA did nothing until local people complained about the water quality, it cost TWA a ton of money to fix and pay farmer, no more pigs !!!

Posted a link for your article MM.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/23888900.farmers-paid-not-keep-pigs-bad-news/

Taken from the article.

'Natural England had imposed a halt on new housing in a large area of Norfolk until the authorities could come up with a way of reducing the levels of pollution in local rivers.'

'And by reducing the amount from agriculture - by paying a farmer not to keep pigs near two major rivers on the southern outskirts of Norwich - officials will be able grant permission for 5,000 homes elsewhere.'

A economic loss for the area, green land out of use and sucking of the public purse. 

I lost a permission about 10 years ago which was around about 60 or 70 acres that was sold for housing development, it took the farming brothers over 20 years to get planning permission and cost them a small fortune, but they got it in the end.

They sold it for for over 2.5million and retired. 

Who wouldn't!

1 hour ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Posted a link for your article MM.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/23888900.farmers-paid-not-keep-pigs-bad-news/

Taken from the article.

'Natural England had imposed a halt on new housing in a large area of Norfolk until the authorities could come up with a way of reducing the levels of pollution in local rivers.'

'And by reducing the amount from agriculture - by paying a farmer not to keep pigs near two major rivers on the southern outskirts of Norwich - officials will be able grant permission for 5,000 homes elsewhere.'

A economic loss for the area, green land out of use and sucking of the public purse. 

I lost a permission about 10 years ago which was around about 60 or 70 acres that was sold for housing development, it took the farming brothers over 20 years to get planning permission and cost them a small fortune, but they got it in the end.

They sold it for for over 2.5million and retired. 

Who wouldn't!

THANKS 7diaw for putting a link on , some of the local farmers don't agree with it , but on the other hand they said if they had been offered that sort of money they would had accepted it , who wouldn't   MM