Sweet&Sour (my way)

ditchman

the instructions on the back of the jar are more or less "fry yer bits and chuck the contents of the jar in and boil up"

fine if you want an awful sweet mushy stew.....

i stir fry my vedge so its just allen dente...3 spoonfuls of sauce mix...fryuntil it starts to crackle...add yer prawns...continue to fry until the praws (or whatever are hot)

put on plate and add a few finely chopped spring onion tops..

chuck down yer throat

P1000927ss.jpg

P1000928ss.jpg

P1000930ss.jpg

P1000931ss.jpg

22 hours ago, ditchman said:

the instructions on the back of the jar are more or less "fry yer bits and chuck the contents of the jar in and boil up"

fine if you want an awful sweet mushy stew.....

i stir fry my vedge so its just allen dente...3 spoonfuls of sauce mix...fryuntil it starts to crackle...add yer prawns...continue to fry until the praws (or whatever are hot)

put on plate and add a few finely chopped spring onion tops..

chuck down yer throat

P1000927ss.jpg

P1000928ss.jpg

P1000930ss.jpg

P1000931ss.jpg

Wot !!!!!!!! No Pineapple ???

31 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

That rice looks perfect, what kind is it? And how did you cook it?

Tilda microwave rice ...open it scrunch it up 2 mins in the microwave...............its the better one compared to uncle bens micro or co-op micro

Try this for S&S sauce (you can put what you dont use in a sealable bag and freeze it), 240ml Pineapple juice (fresh is best)/150 grams Light brown sugar/80ml Apple cider vinegar/3 TBSP Tom Ketchup/2 TBSP Soy sauce, heat in a pan (stirring as you go) until starting to bubble then thicken with cornflour and water (approx 1.5 TBSP Cornfour with enough water to make a slurry). I doubt that you will ever buy commercial sauce again.

43 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Try this for S&S sauce (you can put what you dont use in a sealable bag and freeze it), 240ml Pineapple juice (fresh is best)/150 grams Light brown sugar/80ml Apple cider vinegar/3 TBSP Tom Ketchup/2 TBSP Soy sauce, heat in a pan (stirring as you go) until starting to bubble then thicken with cornflour and water (approx 1.5 TBSP Cornfour with enough water to make a slurry). I doubt that you will ever buy commercial sauce again.

cheers for that :good: