Shotgun grant

Bradvinnie17

sounds like the application is being processed............processing times vary across the country....some forces will take days...other forces will take many months.....same with renewals....my renewal used to take less than a week.....other forces.....many weeks

4 minutes ago, ditchman said:

sounds like the application is being processed............processing times vary across the country....some forces will take days...other forces will take many months.....same with renewals....my renewal used to take less than a week.....other forces.....many weeks

Fingers crossed then mate just a waiting game now, I was told 18 month back log 

Edited by Bradvinnie17

32 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

i've had my sgc for 52yrs and my fac for 30yrs since i had my fac i've used the same referees every renewell and this year they did interview the referees had no problems but they did go and have a chat with them after all this time 

Likewise with me. I've had a shotgun licence for 51 years and a FAC for 40 years. My next renewal is 2025 but, so far, none of the referees have ever been contacted. 

My first application for a shotgun licence was back in 1972. I applied at my local police station, paid the £8:00 (for three years) and stated that I was shooting on farm land and waste ground. The licence was granted a week later. 

18 hours ago, Bradvinnie17 said:

Stupid question here, if the feo have done a vetting on your reference are they processing the application? I had an email asking for a new referee as my last one didn't reach the threshold

Did not reach the threshold? I told them i would not use doctors as I had to pay, priests because they might be pedo's. 😂

1 minute ago, Bradvinnie17 said:

I didn't get it lol, it said reached threshold once vetting conducted?? My new referee is a licence holder so that person should be good enough this time 

Exactly they cannot argue with that. 

12 minutes ago, vmaxphil said:

You would think referees would be a thing of the past as they have a medical report on you and access to your social media, and you're unlikely to put someone forward who will not be favourable 

A medical report from a GP probably not qualified to access you that in many cases only met you to take your money. 

4 minutes ago, oowee said:

Exactly they cannot argue with that. 

A medical report from a GP probably not qualified to access you that in many cases only met you to take your money. 

I paid for medical from GP aswell done everything they have requested, if they have emailed regarding my reference I'm hoping they are processing it 

No probs !!  Just that some Forces respond far quicker than others.  Those in E Anglia and around, seem to do well, and have many happy customers ! 

Welsh Govmt and shooting is a major issue for  BASC currently........just maybe the feds have been asked to slow down a bit ????  Could lead to a reduction in Licences due to people losing interest etc.

Other Welsh shooters may be able to advise - I live on the other side of our country.

Nick

6 minutes ago, stockybasher said:

No probs !!  Just that some Forces respond far quicker than others.  Those in E Anglia and around, seem to do well, and have many happy customers ! 

Welsh Govmt and shooting is a major issue for  BASC currently........just maybe the feds have been asked to slow down a bit ????  Could lead to a reduction in Licences due to people losing interest etc.

Other Welsh shooters may be able to advise - I live on the other side of our country.

Nick

Yeah I been told around 18 months just found it abit strange they asked for a new referee for my application, I wouldn't of thought you would even look at it if there was such a back log. Just have to sit tight and keep an eye on my emails