Petition

jall25

Good afternoon guys
I wonder if a few of you may sign my petition
It is against a development in a rural village
It is a project that has numerous plans over the years from eco huts - to hotels - go kart tracks and swings

It is now proposed to be a large car park - and shopping type centre - and will employ when done - according to the developer 3000 jobs !

I have no idea where these people will live - park - or get to the site but hey ho the council supports it

The affect of this traffic on residents and the wildlife will not be good so i have opposed it along with many others

I have also started a petition and if anyone would sign that would be great

https://chng.it/Lt7CB7cQ8f

9 hours ago, jall25 said:

Good afternoon guys
I wonder if a few of you may sign my petition
It is against a development in a rural village
It is a project that has numerous plans over the years from eco huts - to hotels - go kart tracks and swings

It is now proposed to be a large car park - and shopping type centre - and will employ when done - according to the developer 3000 jobs !

I have no idea where these people will live - park - or get to the site but hey ho the council supports it

The affect of this traffic on residents and the wildlife will not be good so i have opposed it along with many others

I have also started a petition and if anyone would sign that would be great

https://chng.it/Lt7CB7cQ8f

Done it 👍

So having set us a petition - checked with democratic services that change.org is acceptable as having used the councils own last time out - once bitten and all that - and having got it confirmed in writing that a certain numbers of signatures get a full on debate of the council -
I receive - Sorry we gave you the wrong information and no number of signatures will trigger said debate
What an absolute shower !

I will keep pushing the petition though because it has weighting in the planning decision and it leads to people writing their objections too

I signed, I've no skin in the game other than a hatred of the constant urge by councils to develop green spaces. 

It's a never ending battle where I live and they won't be happy until every green space has a house, supermarket or industrial estate on it. There are plenty of brownfield sites here due to the industrial past but they just seem to rot with little interest from anyone. 

Edited by Poor Shot

2 hours ago, Poor Shot said:

I signed, I've no skin in the game other than a hatred of the constant urge by councils to develop green spaces. 

It's a never ending battle where I live and they won't be happy until every green space has a house, supermarket or industrial estate on it. There are plenty of brownfield sites here due to the industrial past but they just seem to rot with little interest from anyone. 

Thanks buddy - much appreciated

The thing is with this is a multi hundred million pound scheme - right next door to so many old peoples houses - its just not fair

Im the other side of town so other than the fact i have some land adjoining it - it wont be a disaster for me - but for many in the village it will be and they have so little voice 

My speech to committee - one or two may find it interesting 

Well here we are again 

Some 5 / 6 years since the last waste of time and money

It may be a surprise to some as the level of notification of this simply massive project is puzzling by its absence despite apparently meeting regulations and guidelines. 

Despite the fact that I had objected in no uncertain terms over and over again last time I received no prior notification or consultation of this project - along with many of the previous objectors - and we found out about much of it from articles in the Derbyshire Times.

Whilst maybe not guilty of any wrongdoing this approach is certainly lacking in class i would suggest.

Maybe the democratic process did not want me here ? - Who knows ?

Anyway - last time I was here we were objecting to "Adrenaline World" - I spent my 4 minutes quoting various pieces of the local and national plans as to why it should not be approved - but approve it you did. 

I obviously could not then comment as I watched in disbelief as you voted to approve because of some antiquated bygone largely irrelevant - in my opinion - procedures. 

Shame on you as a council for that approval.

4 minutes to try and preserve the peace and tranquility of our homes 
4 minutes to try and persuade the council that we need LESS not more pollution - LESS not more noise - LESS not more traffic and disruption.
4 minutes to be the voice of so many residents who knew so little of the plans 
4 minutes to protect village life

Ultimately however - the market made that approval look as crazy as all us many objectors had said it was and nothing happened despite millions of pounds of public money being spent.

Shame on the councillors who gullibly listened and believed the spin and hype of 2000 - 3000 - 4000 jobs being created - so many even the developer admitted at the time, in front of committee, that he had lost track of the actual number ! 
That alone should have set alarm bells ringing

Shame on the councillors who would not listen to reason and sense when it was highlighted that long established attractions such as Alton Towers / London Zoo / Thorpe Park don't employ the number of people this project claimed and indeed still claims.

We now have another white elephant - another waste of time, public money and resources and another attempt to bring pollution , disruption and misery to the people and environment of Unstone, Chesterfield and indeed much further afield.

So councillors - this time its time to say

Simply NO

Enough is enough

This time its time to right the wrongs

The whole project now so far removed from the original ethos needs cancelling - no more council promotion - no more council support - no more council  backing - No more of our money !

Why say No - other than the waste of money - if you are still not sure 

There is simply no need for this project - we have a rail and a bus station - that serve the town - why take people away from those routes - when those people using those routes spend in the town centre - which nobody can deny needs as much help as possible.

Who realistically is going to use this site ?

Will people not simply continue as they are ?

Will people just not continue using existing infrastructure to get into the Peak - or indeed simply staying in the Peak ?

To think this will revolutionise travel into the Peak is simply absurd

Has anyone asked the businesses in the town their thoughts ?

Has anyone considered the positive impact the time, the money , the publicity, the support reassigned to the town centre would have ?

Maybe that is an area for a feasibility study ! 
To have spent many thousands of pounds on one for this project is staggering 
To have the study unavailable to peruse as apparently its content is restricted is 
mind boggling. Is it not us - the public - that paid for it ?

I have to object to the facts presented 
This project intends to build a car park for circa 2000 cars - with i believe circa 900 individual movements of vehicles each day

Taking the lowest figure of 2000 employees - where will all these park ? 
Not forgetting the customers , deliveries - taxis - buses - support services 

Imagine the pollution.

Noise , light and air pollution are all damaging not only to people's physical health but their mental health too.
Imagine the damage done to the wildlife many who have their hunting and navigation compromised by this pollution - many are red listed and in serious decline. 

I can see no air impact survey

I question the wildlife impact surveys and would suggest they need to be cast far further afield

The traffic survey seems to involve guess work - but any regular user of the local network will testify to the regular queues experienced and that is before the planned residential developments of Dunston and Dronfield numbering hundreds of new homes, add to it.

Much of the land was open cast and i believe part of it was utilised as a "dump" - well in 2023/24 surely we should not be disturbing materials dumped in the 1970s/ 1980s 
I imagine you have read the coal authority report. 

I question the suitability and stability of the land over the coming years to actually build on and to support some of the structures and lakes that are being proposed.  

The site is claiming to be a Gateway and I believe an exemplar.

The site is the home of non native invasive species such as Himalayan Balsam , Parrots Feather and I believe had an issue with Japanese Knotweed - grey squirrels find sanctuary in the pines.

Until recently the developers website proclaimed the presence of Parrots Feather - surely not a glowing endorsement of their eco claims.

I believe public money was spent on altering rights of way, surfacing these and on a deer fence securing the site - due to a severe lack of management or indeed mismanagement  this right of way is already showing signs of distress. 

This development has had the support of council
The money from grants and public funding
The time and ear of planners
Even the front page of the local newspaper
But now it's time to say NO - No more

Return the public SCRIF money
Waste no more time or resources of council employees

We are led to believe that this gateway is an initial phase - that a hotel - lodges and jobs will follow.
I question who wants to holiday next to an industrial estate
I suggest phase 1 will just be a car park and is a simple act of desperation

I question what will happen if the hotel and other proposed business do not again materialise - will we be then subjected to fast food restaurants and bars?

We hear about the local jobs that will be created - but please correct me if i am wrong, but is the architect not London based ?
The fencing contractor North Yorkshire or Lancashire 
The geotechnical from Manchester 
Hardly a great start for local businesses 

I question the green credentials of Hydrogen 
- a gas which has to be produced - Has its origins for this project being examined - Many of the production methods currently utilise carbon resources leading to climate change - I have submitted evidence to the planning authority but would expect them to investigate further.  
- I question is its use and potential storage so close to residential properties best practice or at the very least sensible ? I believe it to be odourless, tasteless , colourless but very explosive 

I wonder if any of you councillors use the road networks or ever go and look at the damage done by your previous planning approvals. 
Do you not see the road network straining with cars sitting idling pumping pollutants for us all to breathe ?
In the locality many areas are suffering from flooding - as more buildings tap into existing infrastructure - have any of you gone and looked at the runoff created by these concrete and tarmac jungles - nobody needs reminding of the floods of November 2023. Imagine the potential for runoff from this site - what if the SUDS system fails ?

The much celebrated Ravenside retail park that i believe has taken so many businesses and so much trade from the town centre flooded - and the growth sculpture - which is nearly as grotesque as the new car park - surely demonstrates how out of touch council members are - new offices built on the donut car park surely only compounds the death spiral the town centre appears to be in. Looking on the council website of developments seems to me to be a catalogue of failures - little wonder the budget is just about broken.

Do you ever go onto the housing estates or the industrial / business estates you approve ? The vast majority of  life is human - canine or feline
Do you not realise you are allowing and approving the destruction of our green spaces and the future of the children tree by tree, field by field . 

Ultimately if you still believe the spin - the hype - the waffle - the amount of visitors - the amount of jobs - the amount of vehicular movements - then you simply cannot deny the amount of pollution , noise , disruption is totally unacceptable and you should feel you have no decision to ponder by rejecting these applications. 

We the people - the objectors - the ones that can perhaps see the wood for the trees - the ones who live and work close by - the ones who live miles away but enjoy the chance to experience our outdoors - the people who care for the environment - the people who believe wasting money and resources is wrong  - the people who act as a voice for nature have asked the Secretary of State to examine the applications. 
We wonder if relationships have become too close to allow for objectivity
We wonder if desperation for something - has turned into desperation for anything - no matter the impact and no matter how inappropriate for the area
We wonder if this desperation is clouding judgements or is it 
We wonder - do you just not care ?