armsid

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

........ and if not - where were the auditors?

That, indeed is another fundamental question. Ernst and Young may be feeling the pressure.

However, the problem would be that, if it were normal practice under the manual system for all imbalances to be "suspensed" until accounted for by the SPM, and any repayments suspensed too, the only element likely to raise an auditor's eyebrow would be the increased volume of transactions following the introduction of Horizon.

The major question should be, what were the civil servants doing who supervised the spec of Horizon.

There appears to be many questions in reality. Another one from me is,,,, are everyone that had knowledge, or even a thought/doubt that there was an issue and didn't put their hand up and say, "excuse me, but......" , going to be pulled up and questioned ? IMO, ALL that had knowledge should be 'reprimanded' !!!

It can't just have been the Postmasters/mistresses that [obviously] knew of the problems. To me it seems lots of 'insiders' wore blinkers,,,, or were instructed to 'cop a deaf'un' ?

As i posted earlier i will be surprised if any of the Post Office hierarchy or the Horizon lawyers and experts who lied (commited perjury under oath in a crown court) will face prison (they should ALL go) be made bankrupt lose their pensions their homes their good names and suffer the same fate as the postmasters went through. This is not over yet

35 minutes ago, old man said:

Anyone see the Tax chap on the news?

Inland Revenue now involved?

I haven't seen anything else after seeing the new compensation and tax 'issues' on the news the other day. Apparently, the PO have paid the very small amount of compensation out of their pre-tax profits,,,, oh dear 🤔

The entire PO finances needs looking over,,,, by an INDEPENDENT authority !!!

1 minute ago, JKD said:

I haven't seen anything else after seeing the new compensation and tax 'issues' on the news the other day. Apparently, the PO have paid the very small amount of compensation out of their pre-tax profits,,,, oh dear 🤔

The entire PO finances needs looking over,,,, by an INDEPENDENT authority !!!

Just caught the tail end and didn't really understand other than the possibility of a big tax fiddle with the possibility of a big tax liability?

Just now, old man said:

Just caught the tail end and didn't really understand other than the possibility of a big tax fiddle with the possibility of a big tax liability?

The way I [simple bloke] understand it is,,,, they've reduced the amount of tax they should pay by paying out compensation from their pre-tax profits. It's a pretty basic 'mistake' , but if true, how did anyone think they could hide that fact !?

1 minute ago, JKD said:

The way I [simple bloke] understand it is,,,, they've reduced the amount of tax they should pay by paying out compensation from their pre-tax profits. It's a pretty basic 'mistake' , but if true, how did anyone think they could hide that fact !?

Due to the arrogance shown by all involved maybe they thought themselves immune?

2 minutes ago, old man said:

Due to the arrogance shown by all involved maybe they thought themselves immune?

Probably !!! The holier than thou PO 😠🤬

The problem now is,,,, any investigations have to be carried out to the 'nth degree, with every T crossed and every dot dotted. This I feel is going to be very hard to do.

12 minutes ago, JKD said:

It's a pretty basic 'mistake' , but if true, how did anyone think they could hide that fact !?

Once again I ask - Where were the auditors?

Pretty basic mistake maybe, but that is the whole reason that you have auditors - to detect and correct 'mistakes', accidental or deliberate.

3 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Once again I ask - Where were the auditors?

Pretty basic mistake maybe, but that is the whole reason that you have auditors - to detect and correct 'mistakes', accidental or deliberate.

Exactly,,,, ignorance is no defence ! This whole debacle stinks !!!

Edited by JKD

1 hour ago, armsid said:

And now Fujitsu has a 500m hole in its pension fund and recording losses How convenient when they NOT THE BRITISH TAXPAYER should be footing the bill for their product failure

Yeah, good luck with that.

We will foot the bill, and Fujitsu will carry on albeit under an different name if they fold.

And so the gravy train chugs along.