OIL PRICES.

DUNKS

Oil change time on my motor. Saw on a motoring forum that oil from a Ford main agent was as cheap as anywhere!!!! So off I pops to my local Ford dealership for my six litres. "Sorry sir we dont sell oil." OK how about when you do a service "Comes in big barrels sir" Fine. I yesterday passed a massive Dealership and called in. Yes sir plenty in stock for your motor at £96 for the 6 litres. That's just got to be taking the p. I know I can buy FORD CASTROL MAGNATEC on that auction site same oil as Ford, same can, for £50 delivered.

17 hours ago, DUNKS said:

Also I need 0-30 and the Halfords price for that is £62 for 4 litres plus two separate  one litre cans at £15 each.

Wow, that's a good deal then.  A bit like the one I saw in Morrisons. Chickens £3.50 each or two for £8.

I haven't been supermarket shopping for many years, but went last week. My wife hates me going with her, as she says we only buy what is on her list. The logic is beyond me, as it suggests she buys stuff we don't need, when left to her own devices.

That said Vimto 1 litre bottle £1.25. Vimto 2 litre bottle £3.

4 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I haven't been supermarket shopping for many years, but went last week. My wife hates me going with her, as she says we only buy what is on her list. The logic is beyond me, as it suggests she buys stuff we don't need, when left to her own devices.

That said Vimto 1 litre bottle £1.25. Vimto 2 litre bottle £3.

Gordon, take my advice, Stay in the car. I have hours of entertainment watching some people trying to park, beats the heck out of driving a shopping trolley  !  😄

I still have a 2litre bottle of GTX with a £2.50 price sticker on it. I use it for making up 'oily rags' for wiping the metalwork on my guns. Excellent stuff.

Edited by Westley

• 1 month later...

There is nothing more expensive than cheap oil. There is a garage near me offering to service my car for less than the cost of the fully synthetic oil that the manufacturer specified.  How can they do it? Only by using below spec oil.

When I had a turbo Merc the turbo expert on the owners forum said he believed 90% of turbo failures were down to wrong oil being used. Tracking back on the history of hundreds of turbo failures he could identify back street or cut price servicing. Meaning cheap oil. Turbos run nearly red hot on a motorway and are cooled by the oil being pumped round them. Only top quality synthetic oil can with stand the heat without turning to carbon and blocking the oil ways 

Edited by Vince Green

8 hours ago, Vince Green said:

There is nothing more expensive than cheap oil. There is a garage near me offering to service my car for less than the cost of the fully synthetic oil that the manufacturer specified.  How can they do it? Only by using below spec oil.

When I had a turbo Merc the turbo expert on the owners forum said he believed 90% of turbo failures were down to wrong oil being used. Tracking back on the history of hundreds of turbo failures he could identify back street or cut price servicing. Meaning cheap oil. Turbos run nearly red hot on a motorway and are cooled by the oil being pumped round them. Only top quality synthetic oil can with stand the heat without turning to carbon and blocking the oil ways 

This, I have to use Mobile one in my car, it’s not cheap but better than the cost of Engine damage.