sweet&sourchiliprawns

ditchman

7 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Looks very tasty..👍

i prepared the vedge.....spring onion.....onion....water chestnuts....fresh chili....sugar snap peas topped and tailed.....left thenm in cold fresh water overnight  so they were really crispy when i flash fried them

22 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I think the first mistake was calling those little shrimps, prawns.   :rolleyes:

that is a HUGE bug bear of mine ...how supermarkets insist on calling shrimp...bloody prawns...........im sure they could be done under the trade descriptions act

4 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

You still on the packet/micro rice?

i dont use anything else now.....dont use uncle bens as i dont like the taste....so i use Tilda which i think is superb..i only use packet rice now for rice pudding and risotto

22 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i dont use anything else now.....dont use uncle bens as i dont like the taste....so i use Tilda which i think is superb..i only use packet rice now for rice pudding and risotto

I bought a big bag of basmati rice £8 will last for ages, have mastered the technique of perfect results every time, only 12 mins cooking time. You should try it Ditchy it will save you a fortune, so much that you will be able to buy decent prawns.

13 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

I bought a big bag of basmati rice £8 will last for ages, have mastered the technique of perfect results every time, only 12 mins cooking time. You should try it Ditchy it will save you a fortune, so much that you will be able to buy decent prawns.

i really cant be A**** to faff about with another pan....and my cooker is bad as well it wont simmer properly.....its just so easy with the micro rice as ive said.....

they do sell proper uncooked prawns at the co-op but everytime i want them the rich locals buyup the lot....

4 hours ago, steve1066 said:

That looks lovely Ditchy

49 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

As long as you enjoy it, thats the main thing 👍

2 hours ago, JKD said:

Looks highly edible 😋😁

3 hours ago, islandgun said:

Looks very tasty..👍

cheers you boys

1 minute ago, bruno22rf said:

That does look good, S&S is so easy to make - I usually make it in batches and freeze 250ml portions in freezer bags. Did you flash fry in groundnut oil or sesame?

i do have seseme oil but dont use it