1984 how was it for you? What were you doing?

harrycatcat1

18 hours ago, islandgun said:

2024. he just got the dates wrong

Yep.

18 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, Do you not think we have that in our Society now 🤔 Present and past Governments 🤔

Yep.

Hence, " a politicians wet dream"

Heading there now.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First full year of secondary school, it was when i found out that i was really bad at exams! Anyway of far more interest, went on my first fishing holiday to Scotland, caught my 1st salmon from the River Tywi 12lb 3ozs on a great big bunch of worms. I remember my two cousins both miners being on strike, and the family moved to a smallholding and we started part time  farming. 

On 02/03/2024 at 12:48, Andy H said:

Working on the Vulcan B2 bombers that had been converted to tanker's.

Ok, that's the coolest work-related post on this thread so far, but you might not have thought so at the time!

Obviously @Scully and @39TDS's shenanigans are deserving of prizes for expert swordsmanship.  Personally I was 2 years old, so presumably struggling to master the potty and basic speech (still struggling with both if I'm honest).

If this thread was about 2004, though, I'm sure I too would be exercising the forum swear filter with my own tales of horizontal refreshment.

20 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Ok, that's the coolest work-related post on this thread so far, but you might not have thought so at the time!

Obviously @Scully and @39TDS's shenanigans are deserving of prizes for expert swordsmanship.  Personally I was 2 years old, so presumably struggling to master the potty and basic speech (still struggling with both if I'm honest).

If this thread was about 2004, though, I'm sure I too would be exercising the forum swear filter with my own tales of horizontal refreshment.

Brilliant, two expressions I had never heard [sheltered life] swordsmanship and horizontal refreshment definitely be using those in my memoirs😁

I was thirteen, would be fourteen in the November of that year, doing normal kids stuff. We never had much money but my Dad had a company car and free use of it and the fuel account, so most weekends were taken up with long drives into the countryside and picnics!

In season I Really looked forward to going beating every other Saturday on a farm shoot. Now all these years later fortunate to run a pheasant shoot over that very same land. 

remember watching the strike and the picket lines on the TV, and being undecided on ‘which side I was on’, disliked Scargill though who just seemed like a shouty little man. A school friends cousin was a young copper who earnt a small fortune in overtime policing the picket lines. 

84 I was 22, I had just moved in with the lady who would become my wife. That year we launched a boat i had built & did a lot of sailing. I also went self employed & set up a decent workshop to do boatbuilding in. Down the pub often & carefree times. Did a lot of shooting. No worries about money as there was rakes of work about, I cycled a lot & was fit.

And then i got older!