'Suits you sir?' No it bloody well doesn't.

JDog

19 hours ago, Vince Green said:

M&S have dramatically reduced their range of sizes in all their men's wear. They have cut out completely all the larger sizes keeping only to the middle of the size range which presumably sells the quickest.

At one time, not that long ago, they did all the sizes up to very large but I suppose it makes sense from their point of view.

This is true.

13 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I presume you meant Pigeon CONTROLLER.......................:rolleyes:

Do what the girls do, order several different sizes and wear what fits for his wedding and return them all on the Monday morning..................:cool1:

Yes, a good and common ploy.

20 hours ago, JDog said:

Long long gone are the days when every wedding I attended involved wearing tails. My tail suit is still with me but it will be at least twenty years since it fitted and it is gathering dust at a rate of knots.

My tailor made suits no longer fit either. My body has changed in shape from a svelte figure in my forties to the corpulent monstrosity it now is. Those suits are cringing reminders of the past.

I have a wedding to go to in June. In my entire wardrobe the only items that really fit are my jimjams, socks, oversized charity shop shirts and my shooting jackets. No possible combination of those would be suitable. Easy peasy you may say, go online and have a look. All I can see on there are pictures of very slim twenty something young men looking uncomfortable in garments they would never wear in real life. When I use filters and enter my sizes (at the top end of their scales) the same men appear. This is disheartening. Every site is the same.

I do not want to embarrass my son on his wedding day but it may have to be long tweed trousers and a matching jacket.

You didn't look too different in the recent 'at photo.

Jdog as a contented married gentleman of 20 years ( my wife is dropping lots of hints and keeps bringing the fact up so I can’t forget ). I am 6 and a 1/2 foot tall with 36 inch inside leg and can get suits of the peg next day delivery. Have a look and get something you will enjoy wearing because your son is getting married and you want to enjoy the day you are likely to be in the photos so it might be time to swallow and splash the cash !

ps my svelte figure has also been assigned to the photo annuals 

Agriv8

7 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

Just buy a suit leave the tags on it dont spill anything on it and return it the next day happens a lot more than you think 

I have to agree as I went to a wedding and a lady forgot to tuck the label in on her new dress so that it was hanging out at the back.

Nobody told her :lol:

9 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

I have to agree as I went to a wedding and a lady forgot to tuck the label in on her new dress so that it was hanging out at the back.

Nobody told her 

I thought it was just a young ones thing they have no shame these days