Royal Mail (bladed items)

steve_b_wales

I've just read in the Rifle Shooter magazine that from 22nd April 2024, the above are prohibiting all bladed items, which include 'sporting items with a blade' which could include ice skates. Other items include cutlery knives, scissors with sharp edges, cut-throat razors and all hobby knives.

Get your orders in now!!!!

3 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

I've just read in the Rifle Shooter magazine that from 22nd April 2024, the above are prohibiting all bladed items, which include 'sporting items with a blade' which could include ice skates. Other items include cutlery knives, scissors with sharp edges, cut-throat razors and all hobby knives.

Get your orders in now!!!!

Simples, use an alternative?

8 minutes ago, old man said:

Simples, use an alternative?

Quite true Courier companies are taking over a lot of stuff.We get a lot of deliveries at work by various ones hardly anything from royal mail compared to what they used to bring.A lot of the couriers are quicker and often cheaper.

A service that once boasted "We delivery anything anywhere." Now a poor shell of what it once was. The rot set in when the service was privatised. Something that even Mrs Thatcher never considered but done by the useless Cameron and the useless George Osbourne.

4 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

A service that once boasted "We delivery anything anywhere." Now a poor shell of what it once was. The rot set in when the service was privatised. Something that even Mrs Thatcher never considered but done by the useless Cameron and the useless George Osbourne.

I just don't bother with them now.

1 minute ago, old man said:

The rot set in when the service was privatised.

True, however all it did was remove the massive tax funded subsidy they relied on, and the Management and unions continued to behave  as if it was still there, like all government departments "money no object".

18 minutes ago, Scully said:

Much depends on an individuals honesty when replying to the question…’can I ask what’s in the package?’ 

It also depends on postage location vs receiving location, as some mail goes by air with each package requiring x ray.

3 minutes ago, Red696 said:

It also depends on postage location vs receiving location, as some mail goes by air with each package requiring x ray.

Really? Can’t say I’ve ever had any problems. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Scully said:

Really? Can’t say I’ve ever had any problems. 🤷‍♂️

Yes it really does, I’m ex Parcel Farce and Royal Fail management.

Not prohibited yet, but when they are prohibited the risk of loss is there.  The X Ray is a legal requirement for flight and outside of RM control.

1 minute ago, Red696 said:

Yes it really does, I’m ex Parcel Farce and Royal Fail management.

Not prohibited yet, but when they are prohibited the risk of loss is there.  The X Ray is a legal requirement for flight and outside of RM control.

As far as I’m aware, ‘bladed items’ which I’m assuming means and includes knives, have been prohibited for some time, and like I’ve already said, if you are dishonest they always arrive in my experience. 
I can’t find any reference ( although admittedly I haven’t done a thorough search ) to x-Ray machines etc. 

I doubt I’ll lose much sleep over this. 

9 minutes ago, Scully said:

I doubt I’ll lose much sleep over this. 

same approach I take..  I only post if I’m ok with the slight risk of losing it.  But then living in the North West really limits the risk of it going by air.

More of a Highlands / Islands and south west issue

10 hours ago, Cosmicblue said:

You'd be forgiven for thinking that Royal Mail have a commercial suicide strategy wouldn't you?  It just seems a matter of time before the UK follows the German example where Deutsche Bundesposte was taken over by DHL for both mail and parcels:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsche_Post

Just maybe corporate insanity?