Gaza relief port

ditchman

Tightchoke quoted 10 hours ago:-

It is a wonderful idea in principle, BUT who is going to stop thousands of young Palestinian men from going outward and getting on to the boats that are delivering the aid?

Will America put troops on the ground to defend their new port?

Will those troops move out to create the necessary safe perimeter?

How will those troops stop the massive surge of refugees that will want the food and free transport out of their current hell?

Accoding to Biden he is going to do this with no american boots to be placed on their soil,  Ha Ha Ha like that wont happen too:whistling:

Pushkin

If Hamas kills all the hostages, I imagine Israel will seek retribution on a much larger scale than now.

If and when the hostages are actually released and tales emerge of their treatment, I suspect Israeli public opinion will harden towards Gaza. Cue more killing.

Either way, it is the Palestinians who are prolonging the suffering. I agree that the level of Palestinian deaths is getting disproportionate to the Israeli deaths, but why anyone is putting the blame on Israel is beyond me. 

All the pressure seems to be aimed at the wrong side.

There is no hope for the Palestinians. There is no future for the Palestinians. Killing creates more martyrs more fighters more killing. Without hope, without a future this will go on and on. 

The power lies with Israel. It is within the gift of Israel, with the help of international partners to develop a solution. 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

There is no hope for the Palestinians. There is no future for the Palestinians. Killing creates more martyrs more fighters more killing. Without hope, without a future this will go on and on. 

The power lies with Israel. It is within the gift of Israel, with the help of international partners to develop a solution. 

While the Israelis people remain hostages of terrorists none of this will stop. I know if it were a member of my family abducted by murderous terrorists, I'd want nothing to stop until they were safe.

Who are we to call for a halt to action while innocent people are still being held?

1 hour ago, oowee said:

No!

The problem was of Hamas's creation.

The solution is for all the Israeli hostages to be released and Hamas to surrender to face justice.

Then, for the rich Arab states to join with the US to rebuild Gaza with decent housing and industry to allow the Palestinians to create a viable state.

The problem was of Hamas's creation.

The solution is for all the Israeli hostages to be released and Hamas to surrender to face justice.

Then, for the rich Arab states to join with the US to rebuild Gaza with decent housing and industry to allow the Palestinians to create a viable state.

Correct.

I am unclear as to how the solution is within the gift of Israel. How do they get the hostages back? Ask nicely? 

Edited by Gordon R

1 hour ago, oowee said:

I don't see that.

Article 13 of the Hamas Charter
"“There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are all a waste of time and vain endeavors.

When Hamas revokes it's charter and demonstrates its commitment to peaceful coexistence with Israel over several years, then maybe some negotiation and compromises might be possible.

2 minutes ago, London Best said:

If I were an Israeli at this present time I would want our military to kill ALL the Palestinians to solve he problem forever.

Unfortunately, that sounds a bit too much like "The Final Solution".

If the poison that is Hamas can be neutralised, then, perhaps a Marshall Plan for Palestine might be possible.

1 minute ago, London Best said:

If I were an Israeli at this present time I would want our military to kill ALL the Palestinians to solve he problem forever.

You'd be surprised.

I was on a Middle East cruise a number of years ago which included a day in Jerusalem.
Part of the trip was into the West Bank. 
The Jewish tour guide sat among the tourists while the bus crossed the border, then he hopped off to visit a Palestinian friend while we went on to a hotel for lunch. 
The staff were very friendly and acted as if they appreciated us being there.
So there are good people on the West Bank, and most likely in Gaza too who don't buy into the Jihad nonsense and just want to make a decent life for themselves and their families.  Sadly they are often caught up in the conflagration which is entirely the making of Hamas and their ilk.

When Israel withdrew from  Gaza in 2005 they left behind enough infrastructure for the region to thrive. A road network, desalination plants, solar panels and hundreds of commercial green houses with irrigation systems in place. They had billions of dollars pumped into the region but Hamas dismantled everything and took the cash to Qatar, just look how many Hamas leaders are Billionaires.

Jihadi groups aligned to Palestinian Islamic Jihad are killing many people in Africa but the world doesn't protest. Muslims have killed millions of other Muslims in recent years but no protests on the streets. The world protests not because Arabs are dying but because its Jews doing the killing, if it was Syria or Jordan doing the killing the world would be silent.

One final point here is a quote from a Islamic Cleric in Gaza.. "To our holy brothers in Andalusia your time will soon be here, the Zionist entity is soon to die and we can liberate our holy lands in Europe together" The charters of the  Extremist groups in Gaza have three main aims.  1. The destruction of Israel, 2. Eradicate Jews worldwide  3. Create a global Islamic State. Will Israel not existing make your world safer or more dangerous.

Whilst reading another thread about Reform, I noticed a reference to the war in Ukraine. 

Russia starts a war in Ukraine - obviously Russia is to blame. Few would argue with that. International condemnation of Russia - rightly so.

Hamas starts a war with Israel - obviously Hamas to blame. International condemnation of Israel - how does that work?

3 hours ago, serrac said:

I don't see that.

Article 13 of the Hamas Charter
"“There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are all a waste of time and vain endeavors.

When Hamas revokes it's charter and demonstrates its commitment to peaceful coexistence with Israel over several years, then maybe some negotiation and compromises might be possible.

The same charter is reciprocated from outhodox jews.  

3 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Correct.

I am unclear as to how the solution is within the gift of Israel. How do they get the hostages back? Ask nicely? 

The Palestinians have been asking nicely for their hostages back for years. 

3 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

While the Israelis people remain hostages of terrorists none of this will stop. I know if it were a member of my family abducted by murderous terrorists, I'd want nothing to stop until they were safe.

Who are we to call for a halt to action while innocent people are still being held?

Some would say Hammas are doing the same.

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

Whilst reading another thread about Reform, I noticed a reference to the war in Ukraine. 

Russia starts a war in Ukraine - obviously Russia is to blame. Few would argue with that. International condemnation of Russia - rightly so.

Hamas starts a war with Israel - obviously Hamas to blame. International condemnation of Israel - how does that work?

Israel invaded land occupied by Palestinians.

24 minutes ago, oowee said:

The same charter is reciprocated from outhodox jews.  

The Palestinians have been asking nicely for their hostages back for years. 

Some would say Hammas are doing the same.

Israel invaded land occupied by Palestinians.

"Israel invaded land occupied by Palestinians"

That all depends how far back in history you want to go. Jews, Christians and the Romans were occupying them lands before Islam arrives as an invading force in around 600CE(ish). So I wouldn't be too quick to talk about Jewish invasions

Just now, Rob85 said:

Anyone want to start taking bets on how long the mods let this thread run for? I'm just noticing how far we are wondering off into the rhubarb

I bet i know.

• welsh1 locked this topic