Wildlife.

I was out on Friday night to shoot some rabbits, and a couple of troublesome foxes. I brought a few rabbits home (around a dozen) and put them at the back on the camping platform at the top of the field. Yesterday saw at least three buzzards tucking in being disturbed by an occasional kite. An impressive spectacle. Last night whatever was left was providing a smorgasbord of delights for the local foxes. Interesting to see some eat on the spot and others carry stuff away.

I wonder what a fox will do for the rest of the night if your belly is full within the first couple of hours. 

6 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, a few years back on a small farm permission i use to keep the rabbits checked, i shot one and before i could say jack rabbit a fox came out the hedge grabbed the rabbit looked at me and said thanks mate and off it went 🤔😄

I have had this when out one evening with @Lloyd90 I dropped a rabbit and a fox jumped out and grabbed it. To Lloyds disappointed I did not flatten the fox haha

14 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

A Fox will take food and burie it for later

I reckon there were some doing that last night. I was looking through thermal and got some video but don't know how to take off the file. There were at least four in and out none feeding at the same time. I feel a little guilty as I often get a call from next door to control them but I won't unless asked. 

From my perch on a stack of bales, I shot a fallow doe about 140 yards down hill. I nipped down and gralloched the deer and, not fancying dragging it uphill, I left it where it was to pick up with the quad later. I walked back up the hill and climbed the ladder back up onto the bales in case any more deer moved. When I resumed my seat I loaded the rifle and looked down to the dead deer to see a fox on it. I treated the fox to a ,308 and called it a day.

13 hours ago, London Best said:

From my perch on a stack of bales, I shot a fallow doe about 140 yards down hill. I nipped down and gralloched the deer and, not fancying dragging it uphill, I left it where it was to pick up with the quad later. I walked back up the hill and climbed the ladder back up onto the bales in case any more deer moved. When I resumed my seat I loaded the rifle and looked down to the dead deer to see a fox on it. I treated the fox to a ,308 and called it a day.

This happened to me with a Boar   i shot one then went to pick up my mate as you cant move them on your own when we got back there was a fox stood on top of it i didnt get to shoot it like you did 

15 hours ago, oowee said:

I reckon there were some doing that last night. I was looking through thermal and got some video but don't know how to take off the file. There were at least four in and out none feeding at the same time. I feel a little guilty as I often get a call from next door to control them but I won't unless asked. 

Which model you using i video on my thermal and get the video off it 

3 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

This happened to me with a Boar   i shot one then went to pick up my mate as you cant move them on your own when we got back there was a fox stood on top of it i didnt get to shoot it like you did 

Which model you using i video on my thermal and get the video off it 

Pulsar x?38. I can see the connection port (not sure i have a cable it looks like a 'c') 

My scope is the pulsar xq50 pro all i do put the scope on put cable in to the port look at screen and you will see two options either to charge or to view video files use the side wheel to scroll down then center press and it will come up on your computer 

10 minutes ago, oowee said:

Pulsar x?38. I can see the connection port (not sure i have a cable it looks like a 'c') 

6 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

My scope is the pulsar xq50 pro all i do put the scope on put cable in to the port look at screen and you will see two options either to charge or to view video files use the side wheel to scroll down then center press and it will come up on your computer 

Mine will be the same. Cant find a cable to fit it. Just tried a c and its not that. 

i h

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

Mine will be the same. Cant find a cable to fit it. Just tried a c and its not that. 

i got a few cables that will fit but it has got to be the one that came with it for some reason 

1 hour ago, jall25 said:

Chaps - to get the video off could you not use the wifi - pretty easy - even i managed it 

You can even do it in the field then too ! - great for checking if you think you may have had a miss too 

i can get vids off no problem got loads on LF on FB