friendly Robin

B686

Have had that while fishing too 😀 Usually in the very cold times, and feed them a few maggots, pinkies etc. Have had one land on my Airgun mod [silencer] while out in the snow after squirrels 😁 More often get them close while digging up for new paths and patios/driveways etc,,,, love 'em 😀

I have got videos on my phone of them taking bits of boilie and maggots from my hand but I can’t post them . Too many megabytes or something?

As kids, we used to stop for lunch [in the car] at Pevensey Castle, and robins used to pop in through the open doors and pick crumbs up from around our feet 😀 They really are known for their 'friendliness/tameness' 👍

This one managed to find its way up stairs, fantastic birds we have them at the front and the back of the house which I feed separately, they will look through the window or fly next to me if im out and forgotten their breakfast

season.JPG.07d2f956be7fabe91d319b852aa4b84e.JPG

4 hours ago, B686 said:

Come and sat on my knee  while fishing.

IMG_3204.jpeg

IMG_3205.jpeg

I guess its because your sitting still, everyone should learn to sit still for a while

16 minutes ago, islandgun said:

This one managed to find its way up stairs, fantastic birds we have them at the front and the back of the house which I feed separately, they will look through the window or fly next to me if im out and forgotten their breakfast

season.JPG.07d2f956be7fabe91d319b852aa4b84e.JPG

I guess its because your sitting still, everyone should learn to sit still for a while

Not necessarily so,,,,, I've had them darting between my feet while digging up paving etc. Grabbing worms and leatherjackets for their chicks 😃 Definitely wasn't keeping still,,,, in fact, they were dodging the shovel/spade which I was using 😆

2 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Mine is busy sitting on eggs in her nest in the yard wall 

IMG_0122.jpeg

IMG_0123.jpeg

Nice photos, green and sunny, still winter here

2 hours ago, old'un said:

Here's our resident robin, think he’s got feather mite.

robin.jpg.d5d8f2944e39064a624e76a698bb8557.jpg

Poor thing, doubt that will be breeding

Edited by islandgun

1 hour ago, islandgun said:

Nice photos, green and sunny, still winter here

Poor thing, doubt that will be breeding

Yes it is actually, its got a mate and a nest at the bottom of the garden with eggs in it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/04/2024 at 20:02, islandgun said:

Love is blind

Sadly baldy is no more, bloody sparrow hawk had him this morning, :mad: the female as been calling him all morning and she as chicks to feed, doubt they will survive now.:bye2:

1 hour ago, old'un said:

Sadly baldy is no more, bloody sparrow hawk had him this morning,  the female as been calling him all morning and she as chicks to feed, doubt they will survive now.

All you can do is make food easily available for her so she can feed her chicks

3 hours ago, old'un said:

Sadly baldy is no more, bloody sparrow hawk had him this morning, :mad: the female as been calling him all morning and she as chicks to feed, doubt they will survive now.:bye2:

But of course, in RSPB world a Spar is worth SO much more than a Robin.

1 hour ago, London Best said:

But of course, in RSPB world a Spar is worth SO much more than a Robin.

Best is, he’s been our resident Robin for the last 4 years and become very friendly landing on the planter next to the kitchen door waiting for food and sometimes comes into the kitchen, they have nested in the same box at the bottom of the garden for the last 3 years and the chicks only hatched this weekend, sparrow hawks are as bad as bloody magpies, they hit our garden feeders almost every other day, gets even worse when the young birds come to the garden, the sparrow hawk takes at least a couple of young birds every day that we know of, the young birds have not got a clue about the danger.