What have the Romans ever done for us?

6 minutes ago, clangerman said:

as the last shared a private conversation within mins I wouldn’t give pcc the time of day let alone vote for one! 

Sorry that happened to you. We are trying to put firearms licensing on their radar in these elections so if you could consider putting the latest crop of candidate PCCs on the spot there is a website to make it easy to do so - see link below.

https://basc.org.uk/pcc-contact-page/

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Conor O'Gorman said:

I have not given you any reason in this thread to post personal comments about me. Fourth time of asking. Please stop posting personal comments about me. It is unwarranted and unwelcome.

And uncomfortable I expect, why don’t you unlearn your past behaviour and just read the whole content of the posts I make, as per BASC protocol ,and respond accordingly ? Could it be because you would rather make ridiculous claims of bullying when in fact you are using those claims as a means of avoiding answering relevant questions I have asked ? As anyone reading the threads through can see the context of my posts I don’t know why you bother with your alarmist accusations of bullying.

Edited by Konor
Addition

1 hour ago, Conor O'Gorman said:

I have not given you any reason in this thread to post personal comments about me. Fourth time of asking. Please stop posti personal comments about me. It is unwarranted and unwelcome.

The post you refer to was actually factually correct so couldn’t really be termed insulting

50 minutes ago, Konor said:

And uncomfortable I expect, why don’t you unlearn your past behaviour and just read the whole content of the posts I make, as per BASC protocol ,and respond accordingly ? Could it be because you would rather make ridiculous claims of bullying when in fact you are using those claims as a means of avoiding answering relevant questions I have asked ? As anyone reading the threads through can see the context of my posts I don’t know why you bother with your alarmist accusations of bullying.

You sure do like the sound of your own voice fella !!!  Give it a rest ! 😣

9 hours ago, JKD said:

You sure do like the sound of your own voice fella !!!  Give it a rest ! 😣

Sorry No. Do you have a contribution to make to the thread or relevant information to share ? You do realise you can just skip over what I post if you are so annoyed by it ,I won’t be offended.

With sincere respectJKD can I ask you a question,. Do you think that the contributions defending the voluntary move away from lead shot have justified the position we are now in. There have been screeds of cut and paste articles but the information supplied ,in my opinion, hasn’t determined the scale of the problem of lead shot inland and justified what seems like the inevitable total banning of the use of lead shot. If you speak with any Firearms Officer at your renewal you will get an idea of the scale of the decline in interest. I mentioned at my renewal yesterday  that after this generation passes the enthusiasm for shooting sports will probably drop significantly. The reply was that it was already occurring . This lead shot fiasco is going to be another nail in that coffin and so far I can see little to justify it. The composition of shooters will radically alter ,casual grass  shooter numbers will be decimated and only a small hard core of ,at present levels, non representative enthusiasts will remain and be more susceptible to further legislation. Scotland has hammered legal air gun ownership already where decline in ownership sees fewer people being exposed to shooting with a resultant decline in interest. The extra expense of security ,the cost and hassle of certification has already put off air gun ownership. The need to justify ownership of air guns has seen our numbers drop if extended to shotguns ,and I think that’s an eventual probability, we can kiss shooting sports goodbye. We need numbers of shooters to justify the facilities available and without numbers shooting will see a spiral decline.

Yes I see the point of your objecting to my constant carping on but I consider that I am bringing attention to the inadequacy of the defence of shooting sports which will impact us all ,in particular the refusal to consider a more measured negotiated approach . This voluntary position is untenable and BASC knows that but is resigned to a ban , we’re paying for representation and defence they are giving us platitudes and bowing to a vocal anti fieldsports / woke green minority who have little in the way of evidence to justify their stance.

To date the replies to my past questions have not been answered ,they haven’t even been acknowledged.

I hope the above puts my irritating posts in context.

Why won’t BASC call for a limited lead ban on hotspot areas only leaving grass roots shooters to enjoy vintage guns on a scale that has minimal environmental impact ? Study of the hotspot areas involved should prove the scale of any measurable improvement following such a move and either justify or discredit its implementation. It’s that simple BASC would have you believe otherwise. Why ???

Edited by Konor

4 hours ago, scolopax said:

Konor.

I have only speed read your posts.  But the shear quantity and length of each once gives an overall impression of a rather unhealthy obsession with David 

I think my last post explains my position. Your claim of an unhealthy obsession with David is a rather strange deduction. In your experience are unhealthy obsessions with other men common. And who is this David you refer to.

4 hours ago, scolopax said:

Konor.

I have only speed read your posts.  But the shear quantity and length of each once gives an overall impression of a rather unhealthy obsession with David 

You should notice that the content of my posts focus on “David’s “inadequate responses to the points I have raised. As he is the one responsible for that then obviously he is the cause of my complaints. Do you consider that my postings are somehow more sinister in nature and could you instead of speed reading just read them then quote to justify your allegation.

The sheer length of each of my posts is in the interests of clarity and the avoidance of misinterpretation. The quantity is a reflection of the fact that I have a few days off work as part of a pre retiral programme. I consider that my views expressed are representative of many grass shooters and I am fortunate enough to have the time to express those views on behalf of those grass roots shooters.

That you should see it as some unhealthy vendetta against “ David “whom I assume you to mean Conor O’Gorman is your personal opinion and doesn’t take into account the majority of my post content that you have ,as you say.briefly speed read over.

Edited by Konor

11 hours ago, Conor O'Gorman said:

It is an initiative by Eat Wild. For more details visit: https://www.eatwild.co/ 

So 32 private nurseries? Out of eleven and a half thousand - they also mention that the game is reared for the table - would be interesting to learn how this differs from normal meat production, and how it benefits the wider shooting community.

There are so many juveniles on here. Can we not just focus on and discuss the subject matter. For those unable to  perhaps they either grow up or find another forum more suited to their age range. 

8 minutes ago, oowee said:

There are so many juveniles on here. Can we not just focus on and discuss the subject matter. For those unable to  perhaps they either grow up or find another forum more suited to their age range. 

It’s impossible to discuss the subject when points raised aren’t being addressed

9 hours ago, Konor said:

Sorry No. Do you have a contribution to make to the thread or relevant information to share ? You do realise you can just skip over what I post if you are so annoyed by it ,I won’t be offended.

With sincere respectJKD can I ask you a question,. Do you think that the contributions defending the voluntary move away from lead shot have justified the position we are now in. There have been screeds of cut and paste articles but the information supplied ,in my opinion, hasn’t determined the scale of the problem of lead shot inland and justified what seems like the inevitable total banning of the use of lead shot. If you speak with any Firearms Officer at your renewal you will get an idea of the scale of the decline in interest. I mentioned at my renewal yesterday  that after this generation passes the enthusiasm for shooting sports will probably drop significantly. The reply was that it was already occurring . This lead shot fiasco is going to be another nail in that coffin and so far I can see little to justify it. The composition of shooters will radically alter ,casual grass  shooter numbers will be decimated and only a small hard core of ,at present levels, non representative enthusiasts will remain and be more susceptible to further legislation. Scotland has hammered legal air gun ownership already where decline in ownership sees fewer people being exposed to shooting with a resultant decline in interest. The extra expense of security ,the cost and hassle of certification has already put off air gun ownership. The need to justify ownership of air guns has seen our numbers drop if extended to shotguns ,and I think that’s an eventual probability, we can kiss shooting sports goodbye. We need numbers of shooters to justify the facilities available and without numbers shooting will see a spiral decline.

Yes I see the point of your objecting to my constant carping on but I consider that I am bringing attention to the inadequacy of the defence of shooting sports which will impact us all ,in particular the refusal to consider a more measured negotiated approach . This voluntary position is untenable and BASC knows that but is resigned to a ban , we’re paying for representation and defence they are giving us platitudes and bowing to a vocal anti fieldsports / woke green minority who have little in the way of evidence to justify their stance.

To date the replies to my past questions have not been answered ,they haven’t even been acknowledged.

Why won’t BASC call for a limited lead ban on hotspot areas only leaving grass roots shooters to enjoy vintage guns on a scale that has minimal environmental impact ? Study of the hotspot areas involved should prove the scale of any measurable improvement following such a move and either justify or discredit its implementation. It’s that simple BASC would have you believe otherwise. Why

I can't argue with ANY of the points you've raised Konor AND i agree that this total capitulation AND agreement with this particular point (and others) with no,from what i can see, resistance from an organisation that supposedly represents the shooting community isn't a good look.

theres not even any thought of self preservation as i guarantee there'll be the total number of BASC,NGO etc,etc employees looking for other work in the near future.

19 minutes ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

I can't argue with ANY of the points you've raised Konor AND i agree that this total capitulation AND agreement with this particular point (and others) with no,from what i can see, resistance from an organisation that supposedly represents the shooting community isn't a good look.

theres not even any thought of self preservation as i guarantee there'll be the total number of BASC,NGO etc,etc employees looking for other work in the near future.

Yesterdays renewal visit was an eye opener for me. Very professional all within the guidelines but I had the feeling that the emphasis was on a disproportionate fear of air weapon possession.eg air weapons to be locked away so that my wife or visiting tradesmen couldn’t gain access to them. I’d be more fearful of either running amok with a steak knife but we are where we are and have to keep on the right side of the present laws. As a law abiding minority that will possibly contribute to our demise.

Edited by Konor

Konor has invested some time and effort in trying to get straight answers to relatively simple questions. He can't get any, so posts again. 

Then some members pop up and ask why he keeps posting.  If they find it boring - don't read. Is their answer to just ignore the lack of proper responses and let it go?

I find the stick he has had from the odd member or two bizarre.

I have asked questions which are never answered, as has Scully, Old farrier and Rewulf, plus others. Same response - patronising comments and useless links / podcast.

Edited by Gordon R

11 hours ago, Konor said:

Why won’t BASC call for a limited lead ban on hotspot areas only leaving grass roots shooters to enjoy vintage guns on a scale that has minimal environmental impact ? Study of the hotspot areas involved should prove the scale of any measurable improvement following such a move and either justify or discredit its implementation. It’s that simple BASC would have you believe otherwise. Why ???

I rest my case m'lud !

You seem to be on a personal crusade, making it appear that it's all about YOU and YOUR shooting etc.

I will keep my opinions on the subject private, thanks very much, until there IS an actual BAN. At the moment, it's voluntary, as you keep mentioning,,,, so you keep on griping about not getting what YOU want, and I will keep on reading the same old repetitive posts, day after day after day after,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 🤦🙋

2 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

So 32 private nurseries? Out of eleven and a half thousand - they also mention that the game is reared for the table - would be interesting to learn how this differs from normal meat production, and how it benefits the wider shooting community.

It is a start and got lots of good media coverage. Why knock it? Hopefully more will follow suit.

24 minutes ago, JKD said:

I rest my case m'lud !

You seem to be on a personal crusade, making it appear that it's all about YOU and YOUR shooting etc.

I will keep my opinions on the subject private, thanks very much, until there IS an actual BAN. At the moment, it's voluntary, as you keep mentioning,,,, so you keep on griping about not getting what YOU want, and I will keep on reading the same old repetitive posts, day after day after day after,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 🤦🙋

Gordon Bennett, it is a debate with two sides asking questions of the other.   :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, JKD said:

I rest my case m'lud !

You missed my reference to other like minded shooters then ?If your interpretation of my reply is that I am on an ego trip that’s your personal opinion. I see it as a criticism of the handling of the lead shot issue and that I am representative of those grass shooters that agree with the points I have made and disagree with BASC et al’s handling of the matter.Points I may add that neither you nor Conor choose to mention preferring instead to focus on personality. You do realise that waiting until there is an actual ban before you express an opinion is pointless. Lack of opposition and waiting will only aid a legislative ban being introduced and hasten any further regulations that follow. I want the freedom to pursue my sport unhindered by laws brought about by political motivation not just for me but for everyone so minded. I think the road we are on threatens that. I don’t think you’re “keeping my opinions  on the subject , thanks very much, until there IS an actual BAN “cuts it in regard to defending our sport. If you are subjecting yourself to reading my posts day after day  after day there is an obvious solution to that and it doesn’t involve censoring my opposition to moves that I consider will be detrimental to all shooters in the future by those who should be defending our sport. 👋

Edited by Konor

I will keep on reading the same old repetitive posts, day after day after day after,,,,,,,,,,,

That is a typical response from those who are quite happy that BASC volunteered to give up lead, without bothering to consult its members.

Big boys kept making me read the same old posts. 🙂 I wish I had the will power not to read them. 

2 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

That is a typical response from those who are quite happy that BASC volunteered to give up lead, without bothering to consult its members.

Big boys kept making me read the same old posts. 🙂 I wish I had the will power not to read them. 

BASC didn't volunteer to give up lead, get your facts right.

And what's all this "big boy" stuff ? Just because you have over 18k posts doesn't make you a 'voice for shooting'. Just like Konor has appointed himself as "the voice of shooters", all this whinging and demanding answers to questions on here isn't going to achieve anything apart from personal gratification.

You keep on being the 'Minder' to those pushing for answers, as you seem to do this on all threads that include anything to do with BASC,,,, have a nice day 🙋

BASC didn't volunteer to give up lead, get your facts right.

Can we be clear - BASC did not come up with a voluntary transition away from lead shot???????

The" big boy stuff" was in response to you complaining about repetitive posts and then stating that you would carry on reading them. If you don't like reading them, just stop reading them. It isn't "big boys" making you read them, so just who is it?

As for being a "minder", you flatter me. I support posters I agree with and question those who peddle rubbish.

3 minutes ago, JKD said:

Konor has appointed himself as "the voice of shooters

I’m expressing an opinion and have relayed to you that  it is not only personal but is probably shared by others most of which will not even be members of pigeon watch.

By opting to call for a voluntary move away from lead shot and continually posting how toxic it is ( while failing to show any figures to quantify the effects of that toxicity) it has compromised its ability to oppose a legislative ban. Their contention that this voluntary lead ban will continue is preposterous under the circumstances. Yet you choose to believe that and furthermore find no flaw in their defence of shooting sports.🤔

Sorry - I don't agree. Conor O'Gorman has as much right as anyone to express an opinion and I would be sorry if he left. I don't often agree with him and sometimes despair at his evasion, but it's a free country.

4 minutes ago, clangerman said:

yet another round of argument and division the solution is simple connor Gorman has to GO! 

No, not at all, what the good Doctor needs to do is answer the questions posted of him.