Euros 2024.

Minky

50 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

I'm not sure what the comms saw for that penalty claim for Scotland! Looked to me like he just fell over. 50-50 and he lost out. 

I'm not sure the Hungarian player was taken out be Gunn. It seemed to happen behind where Gunn punched the ball, but we didn't get many replays. Hopefully he's okay, it could be nasty.

I think Gunn and Varga collided body to head, assisted by a nudge from a Scottish defender,,,, that's what I saw anyway. And yes, hope he's OK 👍

Hungary have switched on now,,,, final 6+ minutes.

Edited by JKD

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All over now.  Scotland out.  Hungary might not even get to the point of another match in the play offs.  England need to pull out the stops and stop negative play or else we'll be in trouble. 

Interesting to hear Harry Kane saying it’s “tough” playing for England.

I bet, having to rough it in those hotels and restaurants, planes, coaches and getting paid for doing so.

It’s a lot tougher being on minimum wages and making your way to work on a winter’s morning at 05:30hrs.

Edited by redial

7 hours ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

IMG-20240623-WA0008.jpg.31ba6f7b8264891cd179b8fb23d86621.jpg

Just used that on a battery mower bought because it looked nice?

More power in a mouse Trump!

4 hours ago, redial said:

Interesting to hear Harry Kane saying it’s “tough” playing for England.

I bet having to rough it in those hotels and restaurants, planes, coaches and getting paid for doing so.

It’s a lot tougher being on minimum wages and making your way to work on a winter’s morning at 05:30hrs.

He need to shut up quick?

It's a shame for the see you jimmy brigade crest fallen again. Still they had a holiday abroad away from the rain and the cold,,, well for some of the time.  What gets me is the total belief that having a load of bagpipe players pulsing out some racket and getting tanked up on the beer is somehow going to translate into goals.  There was somewhere in Scotland where there was a big screen and whilst the game was on was a hot bed of jimmies belting out Flower of Scotland and  abuse directed at  England,,, but after the end of the match the place was empty within a couple of minutes.   It never came into their  minds that they might lose.  Oh well they tried.   I suppose that there will have to be a lot of brainstorming to reset and look to go again.  there were loads of excuses as to the reason for the poor performances.   Ranging from lack of talent available to pick from.  Poor facilities. Its bad weather for 8+ months of the year to its all down to the English.  Sasenach fellows.  There was a chart of how many Scottish players there use to be in the English Premier league as opposed to how  many now.

49 minutes ago, Minky said:

It's a shame for the see you jimmy brigade crest fallen again. Still they had a holiday abroad away from the rain and the cold,,, well for some of the time.  What gets me is the total belief that having a load of bagpipe players pulsing out some racket and getting tanked up on the beer is somehow going to translate into goals.  There was somewhere in Scotland where there was a big screen and whilst the game was on was a hot bed of jimmies belting out Flower of Scotland and  abuse directed at  England,,, but after the end of the match the place was empty within a couple of minutes.   It never came into their  minds that they might lose.  Oh well they tried.   I suppose that there will have to be a lot of brainstorming to reset and look to go again.  there were loads of excuses as to the reason for the poor performances.   Ranging from lack of talent available to pick from.  Poor facilities. Its bad weather for 8+ months of the year to its all down to the English.  Sasenach fellows.  There was a chart of how many Scottish players there use to be in the English Premier league as opposed to how  many now.

A lot of sour grapes it sounds like to me 😆 There is no doubt a few good scottish players in the premiership, but put them all in a Scottish shirt and they seem to lose their minimal talents, hence looking pretty clueless in this tournament. There head coach/manager appears to have no conviction during his interviews, in fact he looks and sounds like he doesn't want to be in that position 🤔 

Hey ho,,,, at least their travelling supporters had a great time, while it lasted 🥳🍻🍺🍺🍻🍺🍻🍻🍺🍻🍻🍺🥳

Edited by JKD

Still we (the English) are on stage tomorrow. AND they have to get stuck in straight away and kill. There can be no excuse for lack of performance or power.  No excuse of the players look tired or anything. GERMANY PLAY TO WIN and so do the other top teams.  Anything less than a  top performance isn't acceptable. 

53 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

I tell you what, if England had the work rate of this Croatia side, we'd be unbeatable. Not the most skilful, but they chase everything, throw a foot at everything dive in to everything. It's so impressive to watch

👍😆 Italy got lucky,,,, nice goal though 😄

Scotland don't seem to have the class players they had in the past:-

Joe Jordan, Danny McGrain, Billy Bremner, Dennis Law, Steve Archibold, Archie Gemmill, Jimmy Johnstone, Gordon Strachan, Gary McAllister, Kenny Dalglish, John Robertson, Ally McCoist, Billy McNeill, Graeme Souness, Gordon McQueen, Alan Hansen and Eddy Gray to name a few. 

I can't think of one player on that list who wouldn't walk into the current English side. Sadly, I think Andy Robertson is the only current player who would make the cut.

9 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Scotland don't seem to have the class players they had in the past:-

Joe Jordan, Danny McGrain, Billy Bremner, Dennis Law, Steve Archibold, Archie Gemmill, Jimmy Johnstone, Gordon Strachan, Gary McAllister, Kenny Dalglish, John Robertson, Ally McCoist, Billy McNeill, Graeme Souness, Gordon McQueen, Alan Hansen and Eddy Gray to name a few. 

I can't think of one player on that list who wouldn't walk into the current English side. Sadly, I think Andy Robertson is the only current player who would make the cut.

This is why I hope they stick with Steve Clarke. He can't fashion a striker out of thin air. They've competed well enough against  better opposition for 12 months, but no one's put the the ball in the back of the net regularly enough. McTominay's had a great tournament - probably better than Andy Robertson, whose delivery was awful vs Hungary - but he can't be an extra central defender, a holding midfielder, a distributer from deep and appear at the telling moment to score a goal whilst also providing the assist all at the same time! They need more attacking threat and that's down to the players and the domestic setup, not the national coach

11 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

I tell you what, if England had the work rate of this Croatia side, we'd be unbeatable. Not the most skilful, but they chase everything, throw a foot at everything dive in to everything. It's so impressive to watch

If England had the desire to work.....

I'll probably watch tonight's game and I'll probably regret it 😁😅

10 hours ago, JKD said:

👍😆 Italy got lucky,,,, nice goal though 😄

Italy stole it, they were poor against Spain and poor last night, but yes it was a great goal. 

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

If England had the desire to work.....

I'll probably watch tonight's game and I'll probably regret it 😁😅

Italy stole it, they were poor against Spain and poor last night, but yes it was a great goal. 

Why do we do it to ourselves?

21 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Why do we do it to ourselves?

I watched the first game and thought really favourites 😅😅

Thankfully I've watched a few good games since, I only give it 10-15 mins and if its lame it goes off, the lads in work watched England last week and their faces said it all 😅😅

i wouldnt rest my hopes on them......people say .."oh they've had a long season ..they are tired ..blah blah...."

with what they get paid /week they should be on 100% ...no bloody moanin or excuses...