Licence renewal

On 10/07/2024 at 17:07, udderlyoffroad said:

Every force area has a different system (of course it does) but Avon & Somerset’s worked fine for me last autumn.

Biggest pain was their instance on you re-entering details on every S1/S2 you own.

Just about to do mine. It sounds like I'm in for some fun

Hi

I am pretty sure 'they' cannot refuse the use of a hard 'old fashioned' paper application............

Just print a copy from the Home Office Webpage, remembering to take a copy of the completed form for your reference before sending.

L

7 minutes ago, Loki said:

Just print a copy from the Home Office Webpage, remembering to take a copy of the completed form for your reference before sending.

L

doesn't every police force have this facility on their own websites 🤔

West Yorks does

Edited by Zoli 12 guage

Hi Zoli 12 gauge

I didnt find any option for a paper application on Thames Valley Police Services site...........so I (and my hunting friend a year later) reverted back to 'old ways'!

L

2 hours ago, Robden said:

I didn't. I sent payment (on-line) with application. Only took 10 days from sending to recieving. Cheshire Police.

how do you send it online securely if it means you inputting all your bank/card details required onto an online form🤔

5 minutes ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

how do you send it online securely if it means you inputting all your bank/card details required onto an online form🤔

The web page is like amazon or ebay. Rather than selecting goods, you to an electronic form and complete that and get to a point where you can upload a photo (at least in my county). Once you have everything ready to submit, you then go to a secure pay section to pay, and then submit.

33 minutes ago, HantsRob said:

The web page is like amazon or ebay. Rather than selecting goods, you to an electronic form and complete that and get to a point where you can upload a photo (at least in my county). Once you have everything ready to submit, you then go to a secure pay section to pay, and then submit.

Same here in Kent, you pay online

13 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Not in every case. In Avon & Somerset you print the form & take it to your surgery to sign & they send it in. Good to know your taxes aren’t wasted on duplicating processes innit?

I’m with Avon and Somerset. Renewed this year. Surgery didn’t send it in. They rang to say form signed and ready to collect. I scanned it into A&S website problem free. Looks like there are options, which is good for those without scanning facilities.

On 18/07/2024 at 19:28, udderlyoffroad said:

Not in every case. In Avon & Somerset you print the form & take it to your surgery to sign & they send it in. Good to know your taxes aren’t wasted on duplicating processes innit?

This. Took to my surgery they popped it in a tray, Said that's £30 please. Then I won't see it again.. have no clue if AVS even have it yet. 

Edited by ShootingEgg