Positive Olympics thread šŸ˜†

JKD

Who is really looking forward to these Olympics ? Me for one, obviously šŸ¤Ŗ Always been a sporty person, and watch as much as I can, especially the OLYMPICS šŸ˜

If I was much younger now, I would definitely be up for contention as a possible Olympian. Just wasn't noticed or helped in 'sports' when IĀ  should have been šŸ™„

Not really into any particular event,,,, love most of them [break dancing šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø] but cycling and all of the athletics are my favourites šŸ˜€

Come on TEAM GB šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ˜

1 minute ago, London Best said:

Cycling is great in the Olympics.Ā 
They are just sometimes a dangerous nuisance on the roads.

šŸ‘ fixed that for you šŸ¤“

ps. I find most other vehicular drivers a dangerous nuisance šŸ™„šŸ˜†

Love the Olympics,Ā  there is such a variety of sports to watch, from stuff people will have done to completely random events.

It's so good to watch the athletes compete knowing that for most it's likely been a four year slog to get to this point and could be the highlight of their career.Ā 

Just don't know why they've included events like tennis and golf, there's more than enough events for them alreadyĀ 

4 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Love the Olympics,Ā  there is such a variety of sports to watch, from stuff people will have done to completely random events.

It's so good to watch the athletes compete knowing that for most it's likely been a four year slog to get to this point and could be the highlight of their career.Ā 

Just don't know why they've included events like tennis and golf, there's more than enough events for them alreadyĀ 

I think they have a certain amount of events each time,,,, a vast majority stay the same, but they have to include a small percentage of different [obscure/out of the ordinary] events..... like brake dancing [?!] golf [?] tennis [šŸ¤”].

It's the pinnacle of sports events for sports people at the peak of their form šŸ˜€

Like you say,,,, it's a four year cycle - now that's tuff !!! šŸ˜€

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

One positive followed by a negative post. Whereā€™s GB (Gordon Bennett)

It was actually the other way round šŸ˜†

No negativity in here please šŸ™ šŸ˜

It must be incredibly hot in France, I saw on the news,that for the opening ceremony tonight, they are having 300,000 fans along the banks of the riverĀ  Ā !Ā  Ā šŸ„µ

That's just inseineĀ  !

Edited by Westley

1 minute ago, Westley said:

It must be incredibly hot in France, I saw on the news,that for the opening ceremony tonight, they are having 300,000 fans along the banks of the riverĀ  Ā !Ā  Ā šŸ„µ

That's just inseineĀ  !

They do say that the only part of Paris that's sane is the river šŸ‘ šŸ¤“šŸ˜‚

33 minutes ago, Westley said:

That's just inseineĀ  !

South of France was about 35Ā°C the other day

40 minutes ago, Mice! said:

South of France was about 35Ā°C the other day

its going to blatter it down at the opening ceromeny....that should be good.....celion Deon will float off down the road like a poo stick

love to know who is doing all the terrorist stuff.....anyone hazard a guess

1 hour ago, JKD said:

It was actually the other way round šŸ˜†

No negativity in here please šŸ™ šŸ˜

I meant in this thread, yours (OP) positive and the next having a pop at non-competitive cycling.

I actually posted positive in the negative sibling to this thread, unaware of this one and trying to bring positivity to that one.

I love the Olympics, if there's an event I'm not crazy about I just don't watch it, simplesĀ šŸ‘

16 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I meant in this thread, yours (OP) positive and the next having a pop at non-competitive cycling.

I actually posted positive in the negative sibling to this thread, unaware of this one and trying to bring positivity to that one.

I love the Olympics, if there's an event I'm not crazy about I just don't watch it, simplesĀ šŸ‘

šŸ‘šŸ˜‰Ā Sorry for any confusion šŸ™‚

I started this thread to counter the other one, as that title looked promising, then I read the OP šŸ™„šŸ˜„šŸ¤£

And yes, I'm the same,,,, only watch events that I like or if they get interesting/ultra competitive šŸ˜„ I do give them all a chance though šŸ«£šŸ˜†

Edited by JKD

1 hour ago, JKD said:

šŸ‘šŸ˜‰Ā Sorry for any confusion šŸ™‚

I started this thread to counter the other one, as that title looked promising, then I read the OP šŸ™„šŸ˜„šŸ¤£

And yes, I'm the same,,,, only watch events that I like or if they get interesting/ultra competitive šŸ˜„ I do give them all a chance though šŸ«£šŸ˜†

All good squire. I posted in a similar positive, perhaps a bit cheeky, manner in the other thread.

Well, the opening ceremony is just starting,,,, let's hope it's an amazing spectacle šŸ˜ƒ

Must have been a logistical nightmare to organise, especially the security aspect šŸ˜³

BON CHANCE !!! šŸ„³šŸ˜„

3 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Purely personal view, but watching others playing/competing has no appeal whatsoever for me and just seems such a waste of time when I could be doing something useful, enjoying the outside countryside/garden etc.

Shouldn't have bothered commenting then !? Couldn't help yourself though eh ?! šŸ™„šŸ„³šŸ¤£

2 minutes ago, JKD said:

Shouldn't have bothered commenting then !? Couldn't help yourself though eh ?! šŸ™„šŸ„³šŸ¤£

As I say, it's a personal view and not 'negative' to others enjoying it if that's what they want to do - but it's not for me.

2 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

As I say, it's a personal view and not 'negative' to others enjoying it if that's what they want to do - but it's not for me.

Yeah, whatever šŸ™„šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤“šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

said in jest BTW šŸ¤Ŗ

Hoping that the event can be a success and remains safe. We had the Russian fsb agent arrest in Paris and foiling the plot to damage the games and now the rail attack. It will not be the end of it. Let's hope participants stay safe.Ā 

I had the fortune / misfortune (I was forced to go) to attend the Olympics in Beijing including the final events in the Bird nest stadium. What struck me was despite having some of the best seats in the stadium, and a member of the UK track and field squad sitting next to me, it was very difficult to keep up with what was happening. Lots of stuff was happening all at the same time. I recon it would be far better on tv.Ā