Positive Olympics thread 😆

JKD

21 minutes ago, oowee said:

Hoping that the event can be a success and remains safe. We had the Russian fsb agent arrest in Paris and foiling the plot to damage the games and now the rail attack. It will not be the end of it. Let's hope participants stay safe. 

I had the fortune / misfortune (I was forced to go) to attend the Olympics in Beijing including the final events in the Bird nest stadium. What struck me was despite having some of the best seats in the stadium, and a member of the UK track and field squad sitting next to me, it was very difficult to keep up with what was happening. Lots of stuff was happening all at the same time. I recon it would be far better on tv. 

You poor dear 🤣🤣 there's always multiple events going on at the athletics,  you just need to focus on one thing otherwise you see nothing. 

1 minute ago, JKD said:

"No negativity please 🙏"

Some people just can't read,,,, I mean resist 🙄😂🤣

As someone who approves of useless trivia, I'm loving Andrew Cotter's occasional gems! Sadly, by attempt to educate my lovely partner fell on confused ears:

Chris: Panama is the only country in the world where you can stand in one place and watch the sun rise over the Atlantic and then set over the Pacific.
Katy: What, at the same time?

1 minute ago, chrisjpainter said:

As someone who approves of useless trivia, I'm loving Andrew Cotter's occasional gems! Sadly, by attempt to educate my lovely partner fell on confused ears:

Chris: Panama is the only country in the world where you can stand in one place and watch the sun rise over the Atlantic and then set over the Pacific.

🤣 lol that's funny.

1 minute ago, chrisjpainter said:

Hahaha 😆 😂 🤣

Is this part of the opening ceremony taking place in Scotland ?! 🌨️🌧🌧🌧😆🤣

34 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Not misogynistic, but this is where we gain over them!

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

That's brilliant, I'll bet she's got a degree 🤣🤣

Well, that opening ceremony was,,,,, quite 'ordinaire' !!! Made for TV, not for riverside viewing, as the spectators could only see what was in front of/passing them 🙄 

Unfortunately it rained quite heavily most of the time, which made it even more underwhelming 🫣😐

The highlight for me was the metal horse and [human] rider carrying the Olympic flag, getting pulled up the Seine 😆 But it mostly gets a 👎 from me !

1 hour ago, JKD said:

Well, that opening ceremony was,,,,, quite 'ordinaire' !!! Made for TV, not for riverside viewing, as the spectators could only see what was in front of/passing them 🙄 

Unfortunately it rained quite heavily most of the time, which made it even more underwhelming 🫣😐

The highlight for me was the metal horse and [human] rider carrying the Olympic flag, getting pulled up the Seine 😆 But it mostly gets a 👎 from me !

This sounds a bit, err, negative 😂😂😂

I think the only opening ceremony I’ve ever watched was the London 2012.

I’m neutral on last nights show since I didn’t watch it 😉