"Church" of England

ditchman

cant believe what ive just heard..........the C of E is going fully WOKE...and have decieded to phase out the word CHURCH...so as to make the institution more inclusive

not only we normal British people are being attacked on all sides including the govt's but we are being attacked by the people who safegaurd our religeous beliefs

they are weak traitorous beings.........only interested in their own position and protecting their stipend...and chuch pensions 

ANoTHER NAIL IN THE COFFIN OF LIBERTY

fortunately for me i don't have any religious beliefs,except my belief that it's all a load of ********.

unfortunately for us,the invaders on the south coast don't have the same feelings as me,so me (and i suspect the majority on here) are gonna be outbred and screwed in short order.

Just now, Zoli 12 guage said:

fortunately for me i don't have any religious beliefs,except my belief that it's all a load of *******

I never ever want to go inside another church of any description. 
Not even feet first! 
And if anybody mentions god at my funeral…….,I’ll come back and haunt them!

Welby is a traitor...wether you believe in god or otherwise

the time is coming for politics and religion should be totally seperate.............

otherwise the scene shall repeat itself ............."who will rid me of this troublesome priest "

The Church of England is probably the most asset rich 'charity' in the country. It's always been a business

Other than that the stipend has given a good living to thousands of vicars for very little back in return. A cushy number, free housing and a salary. Only downside is having to work Sundays

The vicar who officiated at my uncles funeral in January at the crematorium charged £180 for a bland service that read out the details about my uncle that we provided him with in a monotone.

Edited by Vince Green

I live bang next to a church

its on the other side of my wall

the vicar and her husband are never seen. Seems a life of pleasure, they do nothing and get paid along with house thrown in

little wonder I’m atheist and told her so 

To quote strawdogs

” never has there been as much bloodshed than in the kingdom of god” 

1 hour ago, PeterHenry said:

So what's it going to be called? The 'of England?

I'm not entirely sure I believe this.

im trying to find the link for you...it did say what they were going to replace it with ...and 40 dioses have already started to update their literature....

17 minutes ago, PeterHenry said:

That was a fascinating read. The 'of England' it is then.

there was another link somewhere which mentions an alternative.................i mean we are talking about ditching something that is centuries old............and the word "church" is over a thousand years old

44 minutes ago, ditchman said:

there was another link somewhere which mentions an alternative.................i mean we are talking about ditching something that is centuries old............and the word "church" is over a thousand years old

I agree - it's ludicrous - buts it's limited in scope.

Regardless, I think they are going to struggle to move away from something so entrenched in the mind. They are not going to stop calling themselves the Church of England, and neither are their congregations - it seems to be basically an administrative change with regards to the names of new 'churches'.

Still, I can't say that I agree with it - but hey ho, I've never visited a post WW2 church that seemed worthy of the name anyway.

10 hours ago, PeterHenry said:

So what's it going to be called? The 'of England'?

I'm not entirely sure I believe this.

Let's just call it "the large old cold building in the town that very few people visit"   :cool1:

12 hours ago, B686 said:

There will be more mosques than churches soon.

But whose fault is that? Churches are in decline because congregations are in decline. Our populace generally doesn’t attend or support church in the way that mosques are supported.people want them for birth marriage and death and that is all.

11 hours ago, London Best said:

I never ever want to go inside another church of any description. 
Not even feet first! 
And if anybody mentions god at my funeral…….,I’ll come back and haunt them!

I have the same feeling.

There was another scandal the other day relating to a massive payment to disguise some vile activity 

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Let's just call it "the large old cold building in the town that very few people visit"   :cool1:

Ours tends to run up huge bills with the heating now. I have suggested they go back to being cold(er) and chuch goers wearing coats again, but last time I checked they haden't taken me up on the idea and send begging letters out instead.

However, they have some excellent initiatives to help some of the less well off families locally - a free play group for children and a free meal / dinner club. I've got to say that where I live would be worse off without them - even if the services are a little thinly attended these days.

in the old days churches were very much part of the community

there were NO  seats /benches/pews........it was used every week as an indoor market....were the monks beer was sold ..goods and chattles were sold....it was a meeting place for community meetings

it was like a cross twix an indoor market and a pub.................

perhaps we should look to the past ?????

12 minutes ago, ditchman said:

in the old days churches were very much part of the community

there were NO  seats /benches/pews........it was used every week as an indoor market....were the monks beer was sold ..goods and chattles were sold....it was a meeting place for community meetings

it was like a cross twix an indoor market and a pub.................

perhaps we should look to the past ?????

Then we moved into the 1800's, does anybody really care ? do they go every Sunday ? 

11 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

But whose fault is that? Churches are in decline because congregations are in decline. Our populace generally doesn’t attend or support church in the way that mosques are supported.people want them for birthe marriage and death and that is all.

Part of the reason for that is because churches used to be the social hub of the community running scouts, play groups, amateur dramatics, jumble sales etc when there wasn't any competition from TV, Internet, games consoles etc for people's attention . Pubs suffer the same thing