thread on the bbs

08shooter

well guys i see we have a bunch of non admirers on airgun bbs.the thread started slating pigeon watch before it was closed.they apparently think we are ex bbs members who like to see ourselves with big bags of dead things.t doe stopped the threads.im a member of both but i think there must be a lot of target shooters there.i believe pest control needs big bag numbers.worth a readread here

Airgun bbs is a very well run site, if they don't choose to show quarry pictures, that is their decision.

They have a very large membership and so the majority of their members must happily accept this policy.

yeah your right but i prefer to see what other people on the forum are getting :good:

Lew

I'm active on both forums - and intend remain so. I can see both sides of this discussion.

On the one hand a bump puts it on the top of the page, but every thing else goes down quicker. The "thats a good scope" posts can be seen as an endorsement from a buddy - or a genuine opinion that it's a wise buy for those who don't know.

On the other hand, a question about the item when accompanied with banter could bring out something the original poster forgot to mention - but would help the sale.

It's a tough call. The other sites for sale section is probably the biggest there is. i generally sell my used stuff over there but also list it here. The "no bumps" policy is a bit restrictive, but like all other forum rules, we choose whether membership suits our needs.

That restrictive bit... Lets say a PW member who is not a member of any other forum wants to sell an item, so posts it. He waits a week with no enquiry, He'd want to bump it back so it gets noticed again. Joe bloggs notices it this time, and thinks 'hey thats a damn good item for that money - and says so.

Someone who know's little about said item see's it and buys it. Result? As said, difficult decision.

I'm willing to bet this policy was made as a result of someone being peeved off about something they were selling rather than someone thinking up ways of being awkward. The result is most members go somewhere else to buy and sell.

I'm willing to bet this policy was made as a result of someone being peeved off about something they were selling rather than someone thinking up ways of being awkward. The result is most members go somewhere else to buy and sell.

My guess is similiar. I do remember a few times where item X would be for sale. Another poster pops on to say, Oi, how much? But you can get it for X amount LESS on such and such a site. Holy war would ensure with the OP advising the other member to politely FO for himself.

Buyer beware, do your research :lol:

I have just read the thread on airgunn.bbs

BobJS may have spit his dummy out, but he is guilty as charged for bumping for sale items.

Maybe he is only trying to be helpful, but "cracking scope mate", "this is a real bargain", "I would buy this if I had the money" etc are just bumps.

If you are not a potential buyer asking a sensible question, you shouldn't post on a for sale thread.

Just my two penneth.

Is Clubb669 on here if so, Mad Mark writes in capital letters because he suffered brain damage after a horrific motorbike accident that almost killed him, it took his leg and left him brain damaged instead. Writing in capital letters helps Mark read the text better written on forums. I'm not having a pop at anyone, i'm just putting people in the picture. I use BBS as well as a few others and found Mark (and all his quirks) to be one of the few good guys available on internet forums - all i'm saying is please be a little more understanding as to why he writes the way he does.

Just for russian sniper, this is the PM I sent you............

semi for sale, Dec 27 2007, 05:47 PM

CLAY PIGEON PRESERVATIONIST

Group: Moderators

Member No.: 1301

Please read the pinned topics in the sale section and refrain from "bumping" your item.

Hd.

.......cant see the ban bit, but hey that may just be me :lol:

well guys i see we have a bunch of non admirers on airgun bbs.the thread started slating pigeon watch before it was closed.they apparently think we are ex bbs members who like to see ourselves with big bags of dead things.t doe stopped the threads.im a member of both but i think there must be a lot of target shooters there.i believe pest control needs big bag numbers.worth a readread here

never been a member of bbs , quite content on here,

Being on both I have to say that sometimes the AirgunBBS is their own worst enemy:

'You can't post a picture of a dead rabbit, the antis will see it'

Well, I just shot the rabbit, if someone does not like it they don't have to look. The 'antis' are largely a creation of their own imagination....

don't see what all the fuss is about to tell you the truth, but saying that i'm happy to go along with it, rules are rules. I'm a member of many forums so i have plenty of chances of putting pics up if i so wish, as for the anti's what can i say they will be around long after we have all gone unfortunately.

looking through that thread its actually exactly my issues with that site. I wanted to be on a forum i could actually make a bit of a difference on, and bbs has so many members that there is not chance to actually impact at all. I have to say there are members on there who are very helpful, however when i had problems with my howa it was a pigeonwatch member (mry) who primarilly was the most helpful, offering to talk to the importer on my behalf etc... (didnt have a good relationship with them at the time)

My personal experiance from having organised a fair few meets and also taking a good number of members shooting is that 99% of the people on here are just the types of people you want to know, the site is so well moderated that its very rare the dislikeable types become an issue, and certainly every meeting ive had with any PW'ers has always been a positive one.

I am still on BBS, mainly for their for sale section as its a much larger forum with more for sale and more people buying, but i dont read any of their forums with regard to answering any questions, its just too difficult to get a word in edge ways with the main 20 or so members with 10,000+ posts to their name, with the attitiude of what i say goes. (to be fair quite often they are right, but still i have an issue with the way people will not post their opinions due to this)

I wounder if we are being watched? :)