£76 to Fill the Landrover

pavman

Taxed at 40% on my wage then taxed on my Diesel its now costing me £75 plus a week just to get about to work and down to the marsh twice a week for a shot not to mention car tax and VAT on the service bill to keep me on the road, we have rubbish road links in Suffolk/Norfolk so where may I ask is my money being spent?

Your money is being spent to bail Northern Rock out and to help it being sold to Beardy.

Oh, and fighting The War On Terror with the Yanks.

I'd have a pint or three to try and forget, but there's too much tax on it and it's a bit pricey to visit the pub these days...

I usually use the fastcard thing if it's there and have the same problem - they will only auth £60 in a single go which is a right pain in the ***.

When I got the thing 2 years ago I could fill it for that, now I can't which is a measure on how the price has shot up!

Me? Vote Labour? After I spent all that time as a contractor, then got the shaft by IR35? You must be joking!

Wookie

just get the right to substitution in your contract as an employee you dont have that right and it demonstrates you are indeed a contractor, or take out TLC35 with the professional contractor group :blink:

Taxed at 40% on my wage then taxed on my Diesel its now costing me £75 plus a week just to get about to work and down to the marsh twice a week for a shot not to mention car tax and VAT on the service bill to keep me on the road, we have rubbish road links in Suffolk/Norfolk so where may I ask is my money being spent?

Well i certainly wouldn't mind paying for fuel if i was earning what you are. Try a little subtlety when gripeing as most folks dont earn what you do and still have to pay the same price for fuel :blink: .

Edited by auto culto

life is a bitch isnt it. and it makes my guts churn when giving precious hard earned dollar away to the big charity that is the government.

but we live for the good things, and the more i think about them, the less i think about that! smiles all round!

Well today at work My work's brand new 57 plate Landrover defender broke down. We called out assistance and the computer gadget said there was a manufacturors (spelling) fault. I managed to take it back to my office alrite. But later on I had an important job to do so I took it out again and i stoped at a juntion and as I went to take off it completely stoppe, so my workmate got his car and towed me back. I called landrover assistance out again and this time the landy would not at start, the starter motor worked but no engine.

Diagnosis was the fuel pump. I really like Landrover defenders but this has put me off them

You wouldnt expect this to happen on a new vehicle.

Well today at work My work's brand new 57 plate Landrover defender broke down. We called out assistance and the computer gadget said there was a manufacturors (spelling) fault. I managed to take it back to my office alrite. But later on I had an important job to do so I took it out again and i stoped at a juntion and as I went to take off it completely stoppe, so my workmate got his car and towed me back. I called landrover assistance out again and this time the landy would not at start, the starter motor worked but no engine.

Diagnosis was the fuel pump. I really like Landrover defenders but this has put me off them

You wouldnt expect this to happen on a new vehicle.

i wouldnt let it put you off them mate all new cars come with gremilins

i've got an M reg 90 300tdi van that i use every day. doing atleast 100-120 miles a day. going on 2-3 months now, and its never let me down yet, not even a sputter starting. she got serviced the other day and shes in top condition, apart from the usual maintenance jobs that need doing. shes a fine beast!

i do hear some stories of them new ones, stick the old simple tdi's! the less new fan dangle technology, the less that can go wrong!