Cost of a round of sporting?

LEFTY478

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Managed to get a round at Dartford today. Now 28 quid for 100 birds and the sporting layout is still poo having to shoot half of it over open ground into the wind/sun. They could do so much to make the sporting more interesting but never seem to bother - all the money is invested in the trap disciplines.

And to make matters worse they've added a system where you pay for the clays first on a counter and you insert a key on each stand. Clays are then deducted as you shoot. They add some for no birds but we weren't impressed.

We had gone to JJ's but it was packed so we nipped up to Dartford which was near on empty. 15 quid for 100 at JJ's or 28 at Dartford - customers are voting with their feet, and who can blame them?

Not worth the money IMO :good:

Edited by Bagsy

• 6 years later...

i shoot in a few places local to me in south wales,

sporting - ferndale is £20 per hundred for non members, £16 per 100 for members (membership £25 per year)

sporting - griffin clay club £5.00 for 40 wether member or not (membership £10 per year)

dtl - nelson £6.00 for 25 non member (never joined so dont know difference)

local quary with a mates sit down trap £10.50 per 150 :)

Edited by kiffy

• 1 month later...

Can add a 'retro' price to this resurrected thread; Greenfields, Sturry sometimes do specials on bundles of practice-only cards.

£13.33 for 80 birds a pretty good price ........ mind you, have to buy 30 cards i.e. £400 up front! As I do a lot of mid-week shooting still represents a good deal for me.

• 2 weeks later...