How much is your mortgage and the length of term remaining?

Mungler

No names no pack drill  

84 members have voted

1. 1. How much is your mortgage?

• No mortgage
    • 0 - £100k
    • £101k - £150k
    • £151k - £200k
    • £250k - £300k
    • £301k - £350k
    • £351k - £400k
    • £400k - £450k
    • £450k - £500k
    • £500k and above for the self cert interest only boys

Mortgage free @ 40 years old :blush::lol::D

Tips on paying off mortgage early- marry a split who have rich mummy and daddy :lol::lol:;) Then get divorced :D:lol::lol:

Now in the process on investing in property in Cyprus reason why I go to Cyprus 4 times a year

Expecting a 30K mortgage over 10 to 15 years from October this year

Jonno

I had a few good years of IT contracting and used the money wisely...(well most of it anyway). I am mortgage free now, it's a great feeling. :blush:

When the young guys in work talk about their mortgages being £250k+ I have to say I do keep quiet about my situation and secretly nearly cry for them having such a big responsibility. I bought my first house when some of these guys were in still in university so I was lucky.

£78k and 20 years with me about to renegotiate next month as the five year fixed term comes to an end. Was paying 4.75% gonna be 5.55%.

Had the sense to buy our first house when I only earned £14k and mortgaged to the hilt knowing house prices where going to rise along with my salary (Didn't quite expect the exact percentage rise of house prices though) made more than double return on the house when we sold it three years later plus salary had more than doubled in that time, put me in good stead for the next one.

Current house prices and salary increase means I am comfortably sitting on more than 60% equity so bring on any recession, I have nothing to fear.

SS :blush:

Isn't this a bit of a bragging thread? Oh well, I have nothing to brag about so here goes.

£237,000 just under 23 years, that would make me mortgage free at 50 (worst case), but moving onwards and upwards and will likely soon have just over £300,000 over 30 years, but would like to pay it off sooner.

Perhaps someone should start a salary pole to see how the stats compare? Probaby best to do a household income rather than individual as they might distort the figures.

Poll is missing the 200 - 250 bracket.

Edited by AdamC

we are very fortunate .

at fourteen years of aged sweepy was left .a very nice house .by hes uncle .two years after we married we sold up and move into a bigger house as are famliy was growing fast .we have now been here 13 years .when we first move in the house had no heating upstairs and needed a bit of work done on it so we then got a mortgage . over the years we have extend the property .and have made it into a really nice famliy home .

because of were we live the prices round here have just gone mad .so like suffolk shooter. we sitting really comfortable. but it is only because of sweepys dear uncle that we are in this position .and we have never forgotten that .

my main worry is for the youngsters, they dont stand a hope in hell at this monent in time to get on the property market .

xxxsuzy

My brother and his girlfriend have a mortgage of £480,000

Mind you his & her bonuses at year end were 95k.

Its all relative ist'nt it from the stats?

It is what they say the more you earn the more you spend and investing in property is as good as any.

I invested heavily in the brewery business in the 90's but unfortunately it failed when they stopped running a slate.........

Isn't this a bit of a bragging thread?

Bragging in which way ?

Having a big mortgage doesnt impress me* and neither does paying off your mortgage*.

Me ? About £200k on the mortgage at the moment.

That'll increase when we move to our country pile but I am holding off at the moment until we see what happens with house prices.

EDIT: *I think that work / life / money / enjoyment balance is the most important. You cant bury it with you !!

Edited by LV