DRAMAQUEEN

steve b

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have simple rules on this forum that are easy to follow. Some members push them to the boundaries and others don't. If members can not follow the the rules and don't heed any official warnings, then the inevitable is going to happen. No-one wants to see a member banned but a forum is open for all to read. As we all know, posts don't don't always come across the way they should, but there are only so many misgivings that can be accepted. If a member can not learn by his her mistakes, then who is at fault.

No offence intended and I dont want to get banned for asking this question but dont you think this forum is over heavily moderated?

I had a run in with berettaman1 when I first joined the forum and he told me in confidence why he drinks, to some people forums are a social link and banning shouldnt be so willy nilly! its not just a name you are banning from a forum its someones favourite pastime thats being taken away from them!

I dont know if bman has an achohol problem but its probably the case, and you mods probably know berettaman better then me so getting rid of him is a crappie thing to do ,im entitled to my opinion.

I know you mods think I am something to do with the other forum but apart from knowing the guy who owns it thats as far as it goes and yes ive joined there but as you will see ive put about 3 posts on there compared to over 300 on here, im not a troll! and if berettaman hadnt been banned I wouldnt be writing this thread!

We have simple rules on this forum that are easy to follow. Some members push them to the boundaries and others don't. If members can not follow the the rules and don't heed any official warnings, then the inevitable is going to happen. No-one wants to see a member banned but a forum is open for all to read. As we all know, posts don't don't always come across the way they should, but there are only so many misgivings that can be accepted. If a member can not learn by his her mistakes, then who is at fault.

No offence intended and I dont want to get banned for asking this question but dont you think this forum is over heavily moderated?

I had a run in with berettaman1 when I first joined the forum and he told me in confidence why he drinks, to some people forums are a social link and banning shouldnt be so willy nilly! its not just a name you are banning from a forum its someones favourite pastime thats being taken away from them!

I dont know if bman has an achohol problem but its probably the case, and you mods probably know berettaman better then me so getting rid of him is a crappie thing to do ,im entitled to my opinion.

I know you mods think I am something to do with the other forum but apart from knowing the guy who owns it thats as far as it goes and yes ive joined there but as you will see ive put about 3 posts on there compared to over 300 on here, im not a troll! and if berettaman hadnt been banned I wouldnt be writing this thread!

No I don't think the forum is overly moderated. The forum rules, try as we might, are upheld as much as possible. These rules are the same rules that each member agrees to abide by we he/she signs up.

It makes no odds to me whether you are apart of another forum or not. We are all adults, but rules are still rules. Pigeon Watch upholds its rules to the best of its ability and some would say it is better for it. Of course, those that fall foul, will always argue against.

As I said, myself and the remaining moderating and administration staff, do not make hasty judgment. We would prefer not to ban anyone in the hope that the rules are followed. In this case, unfortunately, the rules had been broken one too many times and the result expected. None of us feel any joy of this, much the opposite. If this particular member had taken in mind his actions now and from previous occasions, then things might be all together different.

Got drunk, posted mostly swear words, got banned after repeated warnings. Is this site over moderated ?

Do a search and see whether he posted advice to budding shooters keen to represent this country or drunken ramblings. This is a shooting forum, dont try to make it a place where political correctness means we have to tolerate drivel, why should we look after him ? the web is a very big place with more sites than just this one.

I know you mods think I am something to do with the other forum

There is nothing wrong with being a member of another forum. Getting back on topic though, there is however something wrong with being a member of another forum and trying to trash another (ie this one) from the inside by trying to turn it's membership against it. Of course I'm NOT implicating you in this in any way salisburykeeper, I'm taking about DQ and earlier OllyWally.

I am particularly irritated by this because I had agreed to help DQ out (at her request) by taking her and a few mates around my local shooting ground. It is one thing to be openly critical of the mods on here if you feel the need to, it is quite another to try to balls things up for everyone in a sneaky underhand fashion. Personally, I wont be busting a gut to help out anyone from "over there" any more, as all they seem to do is try to undermine this forum or post **** on here and then heading next door to bleat endlessly about what a bunch of tossers we are. :welcomeani:

Over moderated? No, not really. Ron knew that he pushed his luck at times, no doubt he will be annoyed, but I doubt that in the long run he will be surprised. I have a great deal of time for him and will miss him, but he has a good head on his shoulders (and his Super T's), and will be fine with or without PW.

All the best to you Ron :yes:

It's only a web forum.....

Rant over.

ZB

Digger

I don't know BM1 that well but I have met him a couple of times, he his one of the most knowledgable & friendly shooters I have ever come across and if people took the time to ask his advice, I believe he would answer to the best of his ability.

I have been to his house and his trophy cabinet would put Man United's to shame.

Please do not knock this man because he has a different sense of humour to yours, BM1 has represented his country and come back with the medals to prove it.

Griff

Guest stiv24

Ron was/is apparently very good at his sport. He was also very good at drunken ramblings to the extend that on occasion on here he was a nause. I can't help but think that as he was very close to the outlaw he was deliberately try to push the mods to the limit so he too could be banned. Now the pair of them can have a good old chat next door discussing what a load of tossers we all are, and don't kid yourself thats exactly what they do.

Ron was/is apparently very good at his sport. He was also very good at drunken ramblings to the extend that on occasion on here he was a nause. I can't help but think that as he was very close to the outlaw he was deliberately try to push the mods to the limit so he too could be banned. Now the pair of them can have a good old chat next door discussing what a load of tossers we all are, and don't kid yourself thats exactly what they do.

ok talking about trolls, where does it say that next door? I know gamekeeper very well and he is a fair bloke! where is there posts saying everyone are tossers? ive just been looking and I cant find it!

What and the people on this forum dont do the same?

Of course not your all goody two shoes, no one on here never does something bad or wrong.

No one on here ever gets drunk. And I am sure people have heard or seen worse in real life.

But its the people that makes the forum and your getting rid of the ones that are good to have around, and keeping the ones that are really taking the **** out of people.

DF

Digger

I don't know BM1 that well but I have met him a couple of times, he his one of the most knowledgable & friendly shooters I have ever come across and if people took the time to ask his advice, I believe he would answer to the best of his ability.

I have been to his house and his trophy cabinet would put Man United's to shame.

Please do not knock this man because he has a different sense of humour to yours, BM1 has represented his country and come back with the medals to prove it.

Griff

:welcomeani::yes::good::good::good::good:

where is there posts saying everyone are tossers?

No, not one specifically calling us tossers, but there is one in direct reference to PW members and content entitled "total kn0b nonsense", the content and sentiment of which has been supported by TWO of the moderators.

ZB