airgun trouble coming

markbivvy

this is going to be like the pistol ban were they expected every one to give up there pistols but realy only the good licenced guys did so did that stupid law pit a end to gun crime with pistol's :hmm: NO how many people will give in there air rifles if they don't have i licence erm only the people that use them for legal target and pest control purposes.

reading the link to the mirror i found this quote

"AUGUST 2007, RHYS JONES, 11:

The country was shaken when 11-year-old Rhys Jones was shot dead in Liverpool on August 22, 2007. He was on his way home from playing football.

A number of people have been charged in connection with his murder"

now what has this got to do with airguns :o i thought it was a semi auto full bore pistol that was shot at the poor lad by some "wannabe" gangster ?

i dont think the air gun laws should be tightened. if they are, i belive shooting as a sport will lose interest by new blood :o

imagine. if you want to start shooting would you rather go to a shop and buy a air rifle in a instant or pay a fee + a fee for a cabinet ( if proposed ) for a gun ?

rest my case :no:

i await the slating from the PW police :hmm::hmm:

I fully back the licensing of all airguns/rifles.

Anyone who doesn't must have something to hide IMHO

LB

i suppose its easier for someone like your self to say that.....what about the new lads ( and lasses ! ) who want to join the sport??

i my self have nothing to hide and i would licence my air gun providing that it was at no cost to my self ! ! ! ! !

yet again i think the "snobs" will look down on the air gunners :hmm:

Edited by reedbradshaw

brown has got two do some thing two look good, he is no good at his job with him in they will not win, so he has two pick on guns two look good,it will still not stop shootings.but they do not get it.what a *****

Edited by mossy835

LB

i suppose its easier for someone like your self to say that.....what about the new lads ( and lasses ! ) who want to join the sport??

i my self have nothing to hide and i would licence my air gun providing that it was at no cost to my self ! ! ! ! !

:hmm:

there seams to be a conection with all the deaths / incidents ,, they seam to be the fault of young idiots ( teanagers ) who shouldnt have guns anyway or by parents who should know better

in all the cases i think the parents are to blame i shore as sh#t wouldnt leave my rifle with the ammo let alone loaded and if i ever saw my kids running around or playing with a fire arm with out proper supervision well lets just say i wouldnt be doing a very good job at bringing them up would i

:hmm:

The problem for the government is that there are an estimated 4 million (perfectly legal) airguns held in the UK & no one has a clue who's got any of them.

Blimey, production of the BSA Meteor alone has gone over 4 million (so you must all have got one. LOL)

That's a lot of voters who, come a general election, might just vote with their hearts, if Gordon Brown suggests a ban rather than some tighter regulation. I just hope he realizes that he's too unpopular at the moment to risk p-ssing off any more of the electorate than he already has.

It was easier to ban handguns, which had to be licensed, so they knew where all the legally held one's were.

My hope is that he'll either do nothing for fear of being voted out or will do some form of registration system in the same way we do now on a new purchase, which is fine by me

Edited by SteveieP

imagine. if you want to start shooting would you rather go to a shop and buy a air rifle in a instant or pay a fee + a fee for a cabinet ( if proposed ) for a gun ?

In Northern Ireland, we already have to jump through all the hoops. We don't particularly like it, but it does not stop us shooting.

there seams to be a conection with all the deaths / incidents ,, they seam to be the fault of young idiots ( teanagers ) who shouldnt have guns anyway or by parents who should know better

in all the cases i think the parents are to blame i shore as sh#t wouldnt leave my rifle with the ammo let alone loaded and if i ever saw my kids running around or playing with a fire arm with out proper supervision well lets just say i wouldnt be doing a very good job at bringing them up would i

:no:

there nothing rong with teenagers having guns if they treat them with the respect the deserve. i am 19 and own a few lisesced and no lisecned guns. :hmm: you wouldnt catch me pionting it at anyone. if mr brown wanted them licesned i spose i would have to liscence them like my shotgun but i wouldnt be happy about paying more money for the privilage.

:o :hmm:

LB

Why do you think its easier for me to say that :hmm: I need you to clarify that please.

Air rifles where my introduction to the sport and I use my RWS regularly.I will pay for licensing if its asked of me and won't make any complaints.

Tell me who the the snobs are and if they are having a go at you I will get them to stop.

LB

It's high time that airguns were licenced. The amount of "bad press" that all shooters in the UK get due to irresponsible airgun use is rising all the time. The anti gun lobby couldn't tar us all with the same brush if we take away their ammunition from source. (No pun intended)

Anyone with a genuine reason for wanting one needn't worry. It would (presumably) be a fairly simple procedure and may even result in licence holders being able to get 12ftlb+ rifles without the need for a full FAC. If the cost would put you off then you really aren't that commited to shooting.

As for assinine comments like "They'll licence cars next. They kill people too!"

HELLO?! Driving licence? Road Tax? Registration document? Any of these ring a bell? :hmm:

:)

there nothing rong with teenagers having guns if they treat them with the respect the deserve. i am 19 and own a few lisesced and no lisecned guns. :good: you wouldnt catch me pionting it at anyone. if mr brown wanted them licesned i spose i would have to liscence them like my shotgun but i wouldnt be happy about paying more money for the privilage.

:lol::)

i had rifles when i was a tean infact i started shooting at around 14+ but i was raised knowing that these things arnt toys where as some teans arnt .. thats my point you was proberly raised with a bit of sence ie your parents raised you well .... your missing the entire point :lol:

It's high time that airguns were licenced. The amount of "bad press" that all shooters in the UK get due to irresponsible airgun use is rising all the time. The anti gun lobby couldn't tar us all with the same brush if we take away their ammunition from source. (No pun intended)

Anyone with a genuine reason for wanting one needn't worry. It would (presumably) be a fairly simple procedure and may even result in licence holders being able to get 12ftlb+ rifles without the need for a full FAC. If the cost would put you off then you really aren't that commited to shooting.

As for assinine comments like "They'll licence cars next. They kill people too!"

HELLO?! Driving licence? Road Tax? Registration document? Any of these ring a bell? :)

:good::)

Well, apart from the bit about +12ft/lb air rifles, in my opinion, they should stay on FAC as at present.

Banning pistols stopped people being shot with them so licensing air rifles & pistols must be a good idea, not only will it reduce crime but imagine the fun that could be had waiting for the postman to find out in the local police are for or against the use, proving that you need one, being told how many you can have and then have variations put in like the FAC holders.

I best ring the local cop shop to see if anyone is available to come check my safe, after all I wouldn't want my half tin of accupel's falling into the wrong hands :yp:

how many illegal pistols alone are in the uk does anyone know i suspect not although it was a good idea to ban them only the poeple who had a licence for them handed them in most poeple will not bother to licence and air weapon

guns dont kill people. people kill people