Best priced syndicate?

Here's our costs this year, could it be one of the best priced syndicates going? We will be having 6 formal days then a beaters day and walkrounds during Jan. Bags last year when we put down 400 ranged between 20 and 48

Item Price Per Item Number of Items Total Cost

Pheasant £3.10 550 £1,705.00

Duck £3.00 25 £75.00

Feed £10.28 50 £514.00

Total £2,294.00

Price per full gun £305.87

Price per half gun £152.93

its cheap compared to a commercial shoot but still works out very roughly at £14 a bird shot or something along those lines. My local syndicate is about £800 a gun but averages about 60 a day over 10 days so pretty comparable

Cheap syndicate that,you should also consider some let days,we used to take around

6 lads at £75 pound each per day for three days,provide food and drink and generally

give them a decent day out,the profit was around a thousand pounds which we

spent on fuel and cartridges etc,we had no problems getting people to come and it

didnt affect our shoot days,they each got a brace of pheasant at the end of the day

but a lot wont take them and just enjoyed the day.

Mines free as well :lol: , very lucky indeed, we all help and put in as many hours as we can on a pals game farm (rearing 160,000birds), in return we put down whatever hasnt sold onto the shoot, last year we put down about a 1000 birds.

Members are evrything from chippies, builders and engineers, so it works really well for the boss man and us!

I'll be putting down 150 pheasants and probably putting a dozen Turkeys in the pen aswell. The birds are the cheap bit, its the rent, pellets and wheat that start to add up. Then you have the other purchases such as additional pen wire, feeders, rat poison, even petrol for the strimmer. I don't even think about the petrol running to the shoot every day (probably twice a day)once the birds are in the pen. Expect to pay out easily over a grand to run my little bit of a kick around shoot for a year. Love every minute of though :lol:

We getting are birds this weekend. :lol:

Just make the season seem that bit more closer now.

So far we have been lucky with the birds .

In the past.

And not suffered to many loses before the season starts.

The main reason being farmer Jon's elderly father watching them day and night for us.

Not bad for a man in his late eighties.

Now that is devotion for you :lol:.

If it was not for him we would not have such a good shoot . :lol:

xxxxsuzy

600 Pheasants to wood.

A few wild duck on 3 ponds.

1 off ducking session in September / October

8 off beat one stand one Saturdays

Roost pigeon and grey squirrels in February

About 8 working parties.

£350

Enjoy!

I did the sums for our shoot, and its too cheap. We should be charging at least another £50 to break even, but I'm not on the comittee, how they will balance I dont know. I can see the hat going around!

webber

Im still waiting for Markm to respond..... ;)

What do you want me to say.

£16 per game bird head, shooting all year round (if you want it), the best syndicate bbq going for £15 per person and your own part time game keeper.

Oh - forgot to add location which costs a lot in rent (the down side).

Guns paid £275 last year.

Edited by markm

Im still waiting for Markm to respond..... :hmm:

What do you want me to say.

£16 per game bird head, shooting all year round (if you want it), the best syndicate bbq going for £15 per person and your own part time game keeper.

Oh - forgot to add location which costs a lot in rent (the down side).

Guns paid £275 last year.

see i knew it was good value...... and he isnt wrong about the bbq.... ;)

and he isnt wrong about the bbq.... ;)

40 formal clays from automatic traps, as much food and alcohol (or soft) drinks as you can consume (until there is none left) and a qualified basc shooting coach to give lessons if needed, it lasts nearly all day, anyone who wants to shoot off the remaining clays can at the end then to the pub.

£15 - I must be daft!!!!!