Did the government coerce us

Fleabag

Do you think that the government new what was going to happen in advance with the fuel crisis and perhaps in the 90es persuaded us all to buy diesel cars instead of petrol, so like any forward thinking business they saw this as a money making exercise that is now paying dividends for them. :lol: what you think.

Oh yes - i have said this to a few friends in the past

It seemed at one time thats all the wanted us to buy ( the green route yet again) - then as soon as enough cars/4x4's people carriers were sold the price of diesel rocketed and is now more per litre than friggin petrol.

Personally I'm delighted at the high price of deisel - it's the only thing that will save us from global warming. That and switching to funeral parlour light bulbs, and not leaving that little red light on your telly on overnight.

If you really want to save the planet, ride a bike to work. Don't worry about your gear - your chauffer can bring that in the car.

Robert

Nuclear Power IMO Is the way we are going to end up! Our Aircraft carriers are already fully self run by nuclear power, its said they can go for atleast 100 years without topping up!

good do. :lol: .

how much a ltr please.

mark just popped out this morning for a couple of enriched uranium fuel rods, now if only I can find a cheap second hand reactor ( have tried EBAY)

as for 100 years without "topping up" a little know fact is that nuclear powerd aircraft carriers spend LESS time deployed than conventional due to the longer overhaul timescales, usually around 24 months for a carrier as opposed to a year for conventional, and they are refuelled at about 7 years, even uranium runs out of "fizz"

cheers KW

Nuclear Power IMO Is the way we are going to end up! Our Aircraft carriers are already fully self run by nuclear power, its said they can go for atleast 100 years without topping up!

good do. :lol: .

how much a ltr please.

mark just popped out this morning for a couple of enriched uranium fuel rods, now if only I can find a cheap second hand reactor ( have tried EBAY)

as for 100 years without "topping up" a little know fact is that nuclear powerd aircraft carriers spend LESS time deployed than conventional due to the longer overhaul timescales, usually around 24 months for a carrier as opposed to a year for conventional, and they are refuelled at about 7 years, even uranium runs out of "fizz"

cheers KW

Im sure the PW lads could sharp knock you up a reactor to fit the motor

just give the post a bit more time :lol::lol:

:P

As many of you know, one of my companies activities is conversion to dual fuel Autogas. Naturally my Rangie is gassed!

I friend of mine recently changed from a gassed Disco to a diesel Merc 320, as he claimed that the gas was not cost effective. Dispite my best efforts to disuade him from making the error, he went ahead. That was about 5 months ago. As part of my recovery programme I have accompanied him on his business trip around Manchester today. I was astounded at the pump prices of fuel since my accident. My mate told me off for not knocking the sence into him. To make mattters worse, his old Disco fuels up at our pump, which is next doot to his business. Oh dear!

webber

AFAIK - Our, unless you are not from the UK, aircraft carriers are powered by 4 Rolls Royce Olympus gas turbines.