Liz Jones...

Zapp

The original article is no. 103 while this latest one is no. 102 suggesting that that is last weeks article?

That does appear to be an older article. The current link on the webiste takes you to the one where her dog mauls a lamb to death, rather than standing protectively over it like ******* lassie or something....

Still no comments published I notice - mind you, I wouldnt be at all surprised if they are tracking where visitors are linking in from, and discarding anything from people coming in from here.

ZB

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing like letting a out of control dog steam off up a hill barking ..............................

what the hell is this woman on and as for her dog guarding a sheep stuck in a bog how on earth does she know that it was a fox and not her sheep worrying dog that had just chased it into the bog ?

i am so dissapointed with The Mail that as yet they have not allowed any of the comments posted to be displayed

I have written to the Mail complaining about their non-publication of adverse comments. I also questioned why a dog which the owner believed had killed a lamb, was still off the lead, saving another lamb - unless it was the same incident -

re-written with artistic licence.

I can't believe that someone has been so stupid as to put this down in writing!

Cranners, you are spot on - she is in cloud cuckoo land and should stick to 'venturing out' to costa for a latte instead of ruining someones livelihood with her murdering pooch.

I saw that he was guarding a lamb who had got itself stuck in a bog. To get to the lamb, who was bleeding from the mouth and had a torn ear (I think she had panicked escaping a fox),
from Liz Jones's article no 102 in the Mail.

HOGWASH this really measn after it had driven the lamb in there and had nibbled its ear.

Daily Mail - Daily SWILL.

Pushkin :yp: :lol:???

This is by far the most interesting thread that has appeared on PW for a long long itme(unless you were the lamb in which case I'm sure it wished it hadn't materialised at all). She should be sacked pronto for her outragious public hands up over breaking the law in such a way.......massive applause to you all who have left comments( i have left one myself) and for othrs (especially cranners) for taking the time and effort to get this horrible lady put in her place.

well done

My comments in reply to the article -

Your dog was off it's lead in the countryside and you are surprised it killed a lamb. Then you seek to justify that by saying to yourself that it would have been slaughtered anyway. Are you for real??? You should be ashamed of yourself and the dog should now be destroyed because of your stupid actions. You had no right letting it off the lead anyway and especially in lambing season. 'It would have been slaughtered any way'. Well we're all going to die eventually anyway so why bother trying to solve murders. Just why does your editor put up with your inane and ridiculous ramblings. I suggest you return to the city where your manner would best be suited to those who think so much of themselves and leave the countryside to those who understand and respect it.

I'm not holding my breath for it to be printed as it say there has been ZERO comments made so far!! Strange that.

Edited by Biffo1262

Who the **** is Liz Jones? I have never heard of her. Ignore whatever rag or programme touts her sad views and like all the rest she will wither and die. Dont buy them or watch them. Like the perverts down the park ,if you dont look they wont flash at you. So I,m told.

She is a rather attractive, serious journalist who writes for the Mail. Her articles are characterised by humour, accuracy and a telling insight into country life and successful relationships. :/ :blink:

In truth, she is ugly, with no talent for anything but making a public fool of herself. That is being quite charitable.

I have written to the Mail saying that their credibility as a serious newspaper is seriously at risk if they continue to employ this woman - complete with her irresponsible views and variable stories.

The Daily Mail has credibility as a serious newspaper? Given the tripe contained within the rest of the paper i would have thought that this woman slots nicely into their remit as a sensationalist gutter rag. :/

Sue Peart the Editor of You magazine assured me earlier in the week that there was no attempt to conceal comments and she could understand why they hadn't appeared and would take the matter up with "The Webmaster".

I emailed her last night and said how disappointed I was that she had not kept her word and ensured the comments were printed, or at least explained what the technical issues were that prevented this.

If I get a reply I will let you know.

Sue Peart the Editor of You magazine assured me earlier in the week that there was no attempt to conceal comments and she could understand why they hadn't appeared and would take the matter up with "The Webmaster".

I emailed her last night and said how disappointed I was that she had not kept her word and ensured the comments were printed, or at least explained what the technical issues were that prevented this.

If I get a reply I will let you know.

Reason: "Cos all in all, we're incredibly thin-skinned Journo Crack whores?†:blink: :hmm::lol:

Just a guess, like. :/

Another time, I found a chicken that had been ripped to shreds by a fox. Before you lot rush to judgement, I am convinced that the chicken was ill, and a kindly passing fox had attempted to perform open heart surgery on it. Sadly, the operation was not a success. However, this is only because unkind hunters had probably taken its surgical implements away from it.

:/

I have received three emails this morning while I was out.

-----------

From Sue Peart Editor You magazine;

Dear Brian,

The YOU website is overseen by a different department from the editorial side of the magazine. I have had

to hand your enquiry to the website manager, and I am awaiting a response.

What I do know is that the staff overseeing the website (who also look after all the Mail websites) is very small,

and comments do not automatically go up on the site, they have to be checked first for libel, profanity etc.

We get a huge number of comments to the website, so it is simply a question of the time it takes for the website

staff to monitor them, and post them up.

Kind regards,

Sue Peart

Editor

YOU Magazine

---------

Dear Mr Smith,

I have been asked by the editor to investigate the 'missing' comments you have sent to our website regarding Liz Jones. It is certainly not our policy to censor comments - indeed, we welcome them as we are keen to encourage feedback from our readers and to provoke debate about the articles which appear in YOU.

I have been in touch with the communities editor of the website, the person who is reponsible for monitoring and posting the comments which come in from readers, and she will be in touch with you.

In the meantime, should you have any further inquiries I suggest that you address them directly to me.

Yours sincerely,

John Koski

Executive Editor

YOU Magazine

-----------

Dear Mr. Smith,

Thank you for your correspondence which has finally reached me today. I am the senior Communities Editor for the Daily Mail online.

I would firstly like to thank you for using the site and submitting your comments. All comments get put into a queue where they then pass through moderation and although we try to publish as many as we can, not all comments are published. Comments can fail to pass through moderation for many reasons, some common reasons are that they contain a URL or they are they are defamatory or insulting. Additionally comments that requite a lot of editing before they can be published such as submissions written ALL IN CAPS or lacking any punctuation can be failed as time and resource restraints dictate. The final reason why comments aren't put live is simply due to the huge volume of comments that we receive, although we aim to get up every comment, top news stories take priority and if it's a big news day these will take up most of our time and therefore other stories may not get priority and this was the reason for the delay in getting your comment up on our site. I have found your comment and have published it; it was however edited in accordance with our House Rules. Please be assured that there is no editorial policy in place that would seek to prevent the discussion of both sides of the story and we value comments from all perspectives.

I hope that this has not discouraged you from continuing to use the website and share your views with our other readers.

Kind regards

Tessa Batacharia

Senior Communities Editor

----------

You may notice that Sue and I have established a close rapport.

Its probable that our relationship could extend well beyond the Liz Jones incident. :/