Slow (local) news day

garyb

RSPCA spokeswoman Sophie Wilkinson said: 'If it wasn't for these children the bird could never have been handed in to us and its feathers could have worsened. It is thanks to them that it will make a full recovery, and at this very minute is poaching gently in a light tomato and Basil based sauce.

Daft....

So the RSPCA now rescue pests?:good:

So if i called them up and said i had a rat in a trap that isnt dead and if you come and collect it, it may well make a full recovery!!!

Do you think they would come?

What makes it so ludicrous, is that they will spend thousands on pounds treating one pigeon, yet a field or two away there maybe somebody shooting 200-300 of them!

One of my most entertaining exploits was sitting up a tree waiting for a fox, not far from the road, a white van pulled up and reversed just into the driveway. Two guys got out and looked around, I thought that they were going to dump household rubbish, they opened the back of the van, opened a cage, and released 2 foxes! Cor! They ran 100 yards or so past my tree, stopped and looked back, I shot one, the other one made no attempt to run any further, he joined his mate in the time that it takes to work the bolt. The two guys from the van saw all this, and took off sharpish, I never did find out who they were, whether they were RSPCA, or council workers who had trapped them in a garden maybe.

What makes it so ludicrous, is that they will spend thousands on pounds treating one pigeon, yet a field or two away there maybe somebody shooting 200-300 of them!

One of my most entertaining exploits was sitting up a tree waiting for a fox, not far from the road, a white van pulled up and reversed just into the driveway. Two guys got out and looked around, I thought that they were going to dump household rubbish, they opened the back of the van, opened a cage, and released 2 foxes! Cor! They ran 100 yards or so past my tree, stopped and looked back, I shot one, the other one made no attempt to run any further, he joined his mate in the time that it takes to work the bolt. The two guys from the van saw all this, and took off sharpish, I never did find out who they were, whether they were RSPCA, or council workers who had trapped them in a garden maybe.

:good:

So the RSPCA are always scrounging for more money and putting dogs down that cant be re-homed because they say they cant afford to look after them and they save a Woodpigeon!!!!

This has got to be one of the most stupid stories ive ever heard but it is only a thing to get there name in the public. I am going to get a damsel fly and rip all its legs off phone them up and say I found a crippled Animal thats in distress.

RSPCA PATHETIC.

This whole thing is a mute point - What is the law regarding the release of animals/birds classed as vermin back to the wild.

Whilst flipping thro' the channels this evening I came accross a programme called Animal ER or some such where they are raising/treating all sorts to be, as they put it, re-released.

The thought crossed my mind - is this legal. ( as an asside they were raising Tree-rats, can you see the outrage if the tails wern't fluffy - ie normal rats)

D

I was on duty one night when some bloke came into the nick with an injured seagull. It's eye had popped out and was bleeding and it had a broken wing. He wanted us to call the RSPCA. We are plagued with the bloody things where I work and when I suggested the best thing to do would be to kill it he got all upset. He was about 50. After about 10 minutes I managed to talk him round. Maybe I should have taken it to the RSPCA. I might have got a commendation.

Harry

Possibily one of the funniest things i've read in a long time :lol:

So the RSPCA are always scrounging for more money and putting dogs down that cant be re-homed because they say they cant afford to look after them and they save a Woodpigeon!!!!

This has got to be one of the most stupid stories ive ever heard but it is only a thing to get there name in the public. I am going to get a damsel fly and rip all its legs off phone them up and say I found a crippled Animal thats in distress.

RSPCA PATHETIC.

:good:

The RSPCA is a charity and I wonder just how

much it will cost to heal the pigeon and rehabilitate

it.

There is a program on the TV at the moment about

tiggywinkles a wildlife rescue centre. I watched it

for about ten mins and the amount of time they

wasted trying to safe fox puppies and seagulls realy

got to me.

I'm all for looking after animals but how can £10's

or £100's being spent on saving 1 wild animal be

justified, the animal just needs putting to sleep.

taz

The RSPCA is a charity and I wonder just how

much it will cost to heal the pigeon and rehabilitate

it.

There is a program on the TV at the moment about

tiggywinkles a wildlife rescue centre. I watched it

for about ten mins and the amount of time they

wasted trying to safe fox puppies and seagulls realy

got to me.

I'm all for looking after animals but how can £10's

or £100's being spent on saving 1 wild animal be

justified, the animal just needs putting to sleep.

taz

The whole point of this excercise is that the RSPCA have gained something like £1,000,000 worth of free publicity from this stunt, country-wide media coverage, free!

The pigeon has probably been knocked on the head, and in a week or two they will release a different pigeon that has been brought in, with as much free publicity again.

Another two weeks, and they will present the boys with a 20p plastic medal, more free publicity, more old dears leaving them millions in their wills, and all for an outlay of 60p.

Now that's how to run a business.

I thought that they were going to dump household rubbish, they opened the back of the van, opened a cage, and released 2 foxes! Cor! They ran 100 yards or so past my tree, stopped and looked back, I shot one, the other one made no attempt to run any further, he joined his mate in the time that it takes to work the bolt. The two guys from the van saw all this, and took off sharpish, I never did find out who they were, whether they were RSPCA, or council workers who had trapped them in a garden maybe.

That is top class, I would have loved to see the look on the guys faces

Dave

that has got to be a classic

fantastic stuff bob ???

:good: well done that man