Don't feckin' think so...

Deako

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4027627.stm

I've been a street cop for 14 years...believe me, the Police have got FAR better things to do than enforce this bigotted, minority intolerant ban. Enough is enough, when the **** starts to fly, this government can rely on my total disregard of any 'lawful order' to act against my fellow sportsmen. :lol:

Lets stand together and be strong, its the thin end of the wedge, and although I don't hunt, it'll be shooting next. :lol:

Please lads...FIGHT IT ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deako's right they're stretched enough as it is. And they know it. I guess now the ban is law though, they're not going to announce that they are screwed, they will try and put a united front and at least talk the talk, more as a deterence than anything (in my opinion).

It will be some interesting months ahead I think...

Again I may annoy some people with this post.

before I start I don t agree witht the hunting ban. I really dont.

In three months time it will be a law of the land.

You may feel that it is a stupid law. Why should they interfere with your way of life.

If you break the law you could and probably will go to prison. You will go to prison and will meet criminals.

They think that to have burglary as a criminal offence ( from large companies anyway is stupid ). You will aslo meet drugdealers who do not see that what they are doing is wrong.

If you break the law you are wrong.

The representatives of the populus have voted for a total ban on fox hunting. There is nothing you can do.

Go out fox hunting, carry on as if the law of the land applies to everyone but you, that is all they need to ban fishing and shooting. They will argue that a bunch of privelidged yahoos can run roughshod over the British legal system and when they argue a ban over other fieldsports we will not have a leg to stand on.

On a seperate point one of the most vehemently contested points about the right to keep hunting with hounds going was that shooting was cruel as it did not always kill the fox. So does that mean that hunters would have surrendered the right to shoot over the right to hunt?? All the people on here who shoot foxes may have to change their opinions as it seems the fox hunters were willing to sacrifice your sport for theirs

jim ( devils advocat, thats all)

Jim,

A valid point.

But...remember the Poll tax? The people of this country were told by Maggie to shut up and pay it, and they threw it back in her face and protested and made themselves a pain in the **** to the Government..who eventually GAVE IN!

We cannot just keep giving in to these PC power crazy tits who would have us lie down and do as we are told. People need to make their feelings known properly now, writing to your MP is a total 'kin waste of time so don't bother.

I'm afraid direct action is going to be the order of the day and there is nowhere near enough Police prescence in the UK to quash a countryside in revolt.

jim i understand what your saying, the thing is its not just hunters that are going to ignore the law. i suspect the majority of the general public ignore certain laws depending on how the law fits in with there lifestyle. how many people exceed the speed limit, take drugs, dont declare there full taxable income, fraudulantly claim benefits etc etc etc.

people justify these things to themselves. good driver, not harming anyone but myself, pay loads of tax, wont get caught. i feel that people break laws dependent on a number of things, likelyness of being caught, social acceptance, degree of punishment etc How many people say bad luck when you get caught speeding? just about everybody, you will however occasionally get someone who says good you criminal my (uncle son wife husband etc) was killed by a speeding driver and by speeding you are total scum.

The problem with the hunting law is that its not easy to hide, coursing and lamping even digging can be done reasonably discreetly. people would carry on and the general public wouldnt give a toss. Hunting however is overt and very obvious in its current form and the general public will give a toss if their taxes are spent on police chasing people round the contryside whilst someone is making of with their dvd player and the family silver.

Who knows whats going to happen, if legal challanges will prove successful, if loopholes will be exploited etc etc. I just feel sorry for the people who will be put in the possition of having to make the choice of breaking the law or continuing doing something that is not just a mere pass time or hobby but a way of life.

pete

I'm afraid direct action is going to be the order of the day and there is nowhere near enough Police prescence in the UK to quash a countryside in revolt.

Remember the fuel tax revolt a few years ago when we took a leaf out of the French book and the refineries were blockaded?

After a couple of days Blair stood in front of the cameras and said "we don't do things this way in this country", the protest continued though and the government backed down.

The result was, tax was no longer heaped on fuel as was the norm every budget and prices lowered and remained pretty static right up until the present world price increases.

It is a sad fact but civil disobediance does often pay off and on this ocassion it must be tried.

"a bunch of privelidged yahoos ".

There lies the problem, its a "class" thing.

Those people ignorant about fox hunting, assume that only the rich and privileged go fox hunting.

They couldn't be more wrong.

As shooters we all need to worry, because the people ignorant about shooting, assume we all have Kalashnikovs, wear head bands and go around shooting songbirds from moving vehicles.

Funny............, you wait and see.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4027627.stm

I've been a street cop for 14 years...believe me, the Police have got FAR better things to do than enforce this bigotted, minority intolerant ban. Enough is enough, when the **** starts to fly, this government can rely on my total disregard of any 'lawful order' to act against my fellow sportsmen. :lol:

Lets stand together and be strong, its the thin end of the wedge, and although I don't hunt, it'll be shooting next. :lol:

Please lads...FIGHT IT ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!

insite to riot..mmmmmm. fine copper you are eh

Stepo... Fill in your profile so we can see how old you are and where you are from.

I think you are missing the point...

I used to hunt and still do follow the hunt regularly, You and others like you should spend a day or two in a hunting stable or kennel and see what goes on in "your real world".

Irrespective of how you feel about fox hunting recent polls have shown that the majority of those questioned across a wide spectrum of the public did not want to see a ban on Fox Hunting.

Like it or not this is an issue of class discrimination which Premier Blair promised to abolish 7 years ago, even he at the 11th hour tried to compromise the Lords and delay any implimentation of the Parliament Act as he knew and was advised that a February ban on Hunting would seriously jeopardise his electoral campaign.

The second Parliament Act by its very nature is unjust and unequitable as it was instigated by invoking the original Parliament act of 1911 which was not what the act was passed for.

From the tone of your post its sounds as though you know very little of Country life, which, like others who would see a ban on Hunting with dogs, is the crux of the Problem. The Government has failed to listen or take note of Two major INEPENDENT reports into Hunting.

They have also underestimated the Strength of feeling of Country folk the length and breadth of Britain and this will surely be demonstrated at the Polls.

Good night to you Stepo I think it may be way past your bedtime!

age...48....local uk... exactly in the countryside lived there all my life ...im no towny......old enough to know better than to hunt down a animal in the way those wa**ers do...then theres the idoits with their penis extensions that they call shot guns....*** wake up to the way we do things into days world...god you guys are S A D.... SO HUNTING WITH DOGS AND THE WANTON SLAYING IS OVER...SO WHAT ...DEAL WITH IT !!!!!!!!!!

As I said stepo, You obviously know nothing of what we are about!

pity you wouldn't consider coming out with some of us to see what really goes on, but I suppose you're a bit set in your ways now.

As a matter of interest are you a meat eater?

Oh yes.... did you spell your name correctly or is it meant to be Steptoe? :lol::lol::D

Stepo - This is probably not the best place to come to try and turn people to your way of thinking... Im sure there's a place for other closed minded people such as yourself out there to talk to about this, you'd probably be more welcome there :lol:

And as far as i know (from experience i might add...) fox-hunts dont go after children... :lol: Im not sure what you were trying to say with that statement.

And please stop with the stereotypes. I have been hunting for a long time and im 20 and i wouldnt say i was particularly rich. So not everyone who hunts are rich, posh old men. Just thought id clear that up as you're obviously lacking on facts!

:D