Diesel engine car? Then read this .

Harnser

A very interesting article in the discovery owners club magazine .

ADMIXTURE OF TWO STROKE OIL TO THE DIESEL FUEL ,

The actual diesel fuel we fill up our diesel discoveries with is a 5% biodiesel blend. It is well known that biodiesel acts as a solvent for sludge deposits blocking filters and causing breakdowns in the worst case ,further it is weakening the gaskets and the pipes in the fuel system and has no lubrication capacities for maintaining the fuel injection pump and the injectors.

Therefore it is a good idea to add a lubricant to the fuel,when filling up on the service station .Scientific studies in the U.S.A. have attested the improvement of all the processes in the running engine and of the exhaust emmissions . simply i have tested it on my 200 tdi discovery adding 2-stroke oil liqui moly in a concentration of 1:300 ,corresponding to 100 ml per 30 litres of diesel . The effect is very instant and impressive . the engine runs much smoother and quieter than before and my impression is that there is a feel of a bit more power ,especially when accelerating . As the 2-stroke oil is combustible without any residue there will be no problems with exaust system or catayst if fitted .

I think the ad mixture of 2 stroke oil to the diesel fuel in a concentration of 1: 300 is a big benifit for the engine and will guarantee a longer life of of components .

It is signed . Dr. Diether Hoffman .

I bought my self a bottle of two stroke oil yesterday and added some to my diesel tank . Today i took out the car for a run and was pleasently surprised at how quiet the engine had become and it was deffinately smother and yes i noticed and improvement in power whilst accelerating . Give it a try and see what you think . Harnser .

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you not think that if this were the case the manufacturers (who invest millions in product development) wouldn't have already done something to achieve this improvement? :good: Dr. Diether Hoffman - sounds like a reliable source...do you that that is PhD (ebay) or MD?? :D

Do you not think that if this were the case the manufacturers (who invest millions in product development) wouldn't have already done something to achieve this improvement? :good: Dr. Diether Hoffman - sounds like a reliable source...do you that that is PhD (ebay) or MD?? :D

Dr . Diether hoffman is a german scientist . Harnser .

Even so if you mix 2 stroke oil with diesel (who also was german) surely you would get that blue smoke from the exhaust which could mean mot failure on exhaust emissions alone . that said who s going to be the first to try CASTROL.. R even money on harnser :lol::good::D:good:???

Edited by tractorboy

Even so if you mix 2 stroke oil with diesel (who also was german) surely you would get that blue smoke from the exhaust which could mean mot failure on exhaust emissions alone . that said who s going to be the first to try CASTROL.. R even money on harnser :lol::good::D:good:???

Tractor boy ,

According to the good doctors article scientific research in america has proved an improvement in exhaust emmissions when adding two stroke oil . And any how i have used pork and onion dripping for lubing my diesel fuel . Harnser .

Just out of interest .I treated my disco fuel tank with the reccommended amount of two stroke oil as per the artical posted . I did a round trip of 50 miles today and the difference in the car was quite remarkable . The engine was noticably much quieter ,it was definately smoother and i could notice better acceleration ,more so in the higher gears . Harnser .

Tractor boy ,

According to the good doctors article scientific research in america has proved an improvement in exhaust emmissions when adding two stroke oil .

References?

Are you sure this isn't an experient to see how gullible people are?

Nial.

References?

Are you sure this isn't an experient to see how gullible people are?

Nial.

Nial ,

Its common knowledge that the low sulpher diesel fuel that we are sold at the pumps today has a less lubricating effect on the fuel system components ,ie the fuel pump ,injector pump .So much so that the fuel can actually damage these components . I dont know why you should think that this is a conspiracy to see how gullible people are by getting them to put an additive in their diesel fuel . Had he said that you should put jam donuts in the tank as a lubricant i certinly would have been suspicious . As you proberbly know two stroke olt is also used as a lubricant in all two cycle petrol engines and infact these engines cannot operate without it . The two stroke oil will also act as an upper cylinder lubricant and help towards cyclinder lube as it does in a two stroke engine . No i dont think its a conspiracy to see how gullible people are . Harnser .

harnser i`m not trying to see fault in your idea but surely if it was a good thing the oil companies would be adding it before it gets to the fore courts?

Tweedledee,

This is not my idea ,but something that i can see a lot of sense in . The oil companys over the last few years have had to take out the additives from both diesel and petrol fuels that they used to put in for making your car run better . Can you remember the lead in petrol and the sulpher in diesel . If these additives were still in the fuels of today then there would not be any need to be adding an additive . It is a known fact that modern day fuels can damage you car . Look at the problems when the supermarkets bought that cheap fuel that was destined for the third world .All those cars that had major damage done to them by fuel with no lubricant . I am sure that the oil companys would love to sell petrol and diesel with a super lube in it ,but the government wont let them . Harnser .

" i`m not trying to see fault in your idea but surely if it was a good thing the oil companies would be adding it before it gets to the fore courts?"

The oil companys do just that, its called shel optimax or BP ultimate.

BTW, I got some fully synthetic from halfords and put 200ml in a full tank of derv today (Nissan Navara) After a mile or so of motorway driving I could notice a real differance.

that said who s going to be the first to try CASTROL.. R

Now your talking, what a smell that is. :lol:

Actually, Silkolene did a fully synthetic oil that smelt very similar to Castrol R. Think I still have some Silkolene in the garage from my trialling days, might give it a try. :look:

Hya Paladin

In the early sixties a gang of us used to go to a hot dog stand

in Birmingham called Alex's. I had a 63 Bonneville with Castrol R added.

What a nice AROMA of onions and castrol R. A lot better than a shot of Redex.

HAPPY DAYS,HAPPY DAYS.

Regards A.R.P.

I tried to buy a bottle of two-stroke at my local garage.

They are looking ten quid for it. Said that some geezer on the Pigeon Watch Forum is responsible for the hike in price!

Becassier

Becassier .

you are absulutely right on the price of the two stroke . I paid a tenner for a bottle of the two stroke oil and at 100 ml to 35 litres of diesel it will treat 350 litres of fuel . He didnt really say that about me , did he ? Harnser .