My new job

dustyfox

I have changed my job again, and its a fantastic place to work, I will be looking after 55000 acres of land and I have great views of Ben Lomond from across the loch, its a fantastic place I will advise everyone to visit its so stunning especially around this time of year where you have got the autumn colours coming through the larches and that with the sun shining on them.

These are not pictures taken by me but is from a similur view, I will take my own pictures when I start next week.

lomond-luss.jpg

lusspictures.jpg

17736_luss_loch_lomond-600.jpg

Edited by dustyfox

nice place what will you be doing up there? :look:

I will be mainly looking after the forests and the estate taking down dangerous tree's trimming them back etc.

There is also a gamekeeper that often needs help with the pheasants making rides etc, so there will be some vermin control as he says there some crows that need to be taken out,

Theres a Caravan park that I will need to help out with but not sure what I will be doing there.

Building fences and repairing them, clearing the burns from leafs because a couple of drains got blocked and flooded a couple of houses last year.

Making firewood for the Laird (lord) of the estate. :lol:

just making sure things are safe and looking good on the whole estate.

Theres a lot more jobs to do than this as they said you do something different everyday no job is the same they say. Just cant wait to start.

Edited by dustyfox

Yeah thanks people I went for a work trial with them and they were impressed with me and offered me the job straight the way. Even though it was raining heavily for most of it I enjoyed the work I was doing.

Its my dream job after 6 years of training and getting some experience in other different jobs I have finally made it, its not the best paid job but its a job I will enjoy doing. Unless I do move back down to Northampton which I dont think I will now, I will have a job life.

Df

When you get stuck in, DF, I'd be interested to know who the Factor (resident agent) is on the estate. I'm planning to move to the Highlands in 2 years.

I forgot how you spell his name but it sound like shivers, its not spelt like that but sounds like it. The estate also has a Caravan park you could come up here and live here for a couple of weeks for a taster.

I forgot how you spell his name but it sound like shivers, its not spelt like that but sounds like it. The estate also has a Caravan park you could come up here and live here for a couple of weeks for a taster.

The penny has just dropped. It's Iain Sheves, he used to work for the same land agency firm that employs me.