Would like a comparison of the different organisations.

955i

BASC sends out a sticker with every new members pack - but if anyone else who wants a free BASC car sticker just let me know - e-mail me at BASC david.ilsley@basc.org.uk with your postal address and I will post one (or more) to you.

David

what about gun cabinet stickers?? mine looks depressingly bland, all grey/blue metal :hmm:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BASC sends out a sticker with every new members pack - but if anyone else who wants a free BASC car sticker just let me know - e-mail me at BASC david.ilsley@basc.org.uk with your postal address and I will post one (or more) to you.

David

:hmm: Can i not just pick one up :yes:

Coffee will do :yes:

Been with BASC and then CA,then BASC then CA.I feel that BASC are pretty much the ONLY option if you look at what you get,in terms of insurance,political clout(even if i do think they sleep with the enemy at times,and no David i dont think you are doing some lefty councillor)and someone to stand in your corner if something went wrong,publicity wise etc they do ok and i am sure they will be much better equiped when they get the new media centre.BUT, I dont feel they represent all country sports and there was a time back that they and the CA spent more time and resources bitching at each other that it made me think that both were more interested in the cash off subs.I think the CA represent all things rural and are more of a voice for the countryside.So after swapping back and forth for a few years,i am now a member of both !

I joined the BASC and the Game Conservancy when I was a kid, as they both ran the Young Shots days. That was decades ago, and I remain members of both organisations. I have also been a member of the CA, but that offered me nothing that BASC didn't do.

My recommendation is (and will remain) the BASC, with no equivocation. You get what you pay for: reassuringly good service from a professional organisation with genuine provenance. Like Mung and GJUK though, BASC's car stickers won me over. They adorn all our cars, trucks and tractors. Even the telehandler is BASC-attired.

David

Are you coming over to the Gamefair this year again?

Cabinet stickers- I will look into it - easy to do and cheap to make up

Car stickers - send me your address or pop into the Mill if you are near (best to ring first to see if I am about - 01244 573021 is my direct dial) - or come and see me at a show - I will be at the Gamekeepers Fair (Catton), Bod (N Wales) and the Midland in 2009 at the very least - maybe not the CLA (first time I will have missed in 13 years)! dut to travel cuts

NI Game Fair- not sure yet - we are cutting back on travel as much as possible this year to keep costs down.

Back to the thread - surprised no one has mentioned some of the other orgs yet - I know there are supporters on here - why be shy?

D

I used to be a member of WAGBI......who..??, I hear most of you shout, perhap even David BASC can't remember that far back..??

Still, I'm glad that BASC now has a healthy membership at a level the CPSA could only dream about, however I can't help thinking that both BASC and the CPSA gained a significant number of "ghost" members following the Hungerford and Dunblane tragedies, when the popular press had a real downer on all of us gun owners, and a lot of people figured that the only way they would be able to hang on to their SGC was to become a member of a recognised shooting body, "safety in numbers", as they say..??

It appears to me that, certainly in the case of BASC, these "ghost" members have stayed loyal, long may it continue..??

Cat.

P.S. I'd never display a CPSA or BASC sticker in my car, I value it too much, I know of umpteen guys who've had their motors trashed, and their guns nicked, it ain't "giving in" to the antis, it's just common sense. :hmm:

Edited by Catamong

Back to the thread - surprised no one has mentioned some of the other orgs yet - I know there are supporters on here - why be shy?

I've noticed that there seems to be a fair bit of under-representation up to now. Still interested to hear from members of other organisations :hmm:

I allready have sticker's and badges how about a nice nissan 4x4 if it 's not too much and i will keep quiet about it best buddy Dave :hmm::yes:

stag :hmm:

now thats taking the mick a bit, he's already said he's going to look into my gun cabinet stickers!! :hmm:

however, if basc are feeling a bit generous, how about a reward for getting new members to join basc. like a points system. get 5 members to join, win a years free membership. get 50 members to join, get a free shotgun of your choice!!! :yes::yes::hmm:

Edited by babbyc1000

To get a fair comparison of the various Organisations you could join, you should visit their websites and compare the membership benefits.

I was also a member of WAGBI (must be an age-thing) and am a current member of the BASC through apathy and a member of the Countryside Alliance as I think they did more than anyone else to try to stop the hunting with hounds ban.

Like Catamong (must be an age-thing), I do not display the BASC badge in my vehicle.

I had a Subaru Legacy Estate and a Volvo 960 both keyed badly, including the word "murderer" scratched on the bonnet of the Volvo, which I blame on the badge.

Me, I joined BASC because I wanted one of their car stickers.

I wasn't that fussed about insurance - I have it with CPSA, home contents and all over the shop anyway. If you chose to join a shooting organisation for cheap insurance then take my advice and don't bother - just phone up one of the existing companies you have insurance with (or your broker) and ask them to sort something for you. Hell, I think you will find that if you have a "premium" type bank account (one that costs you a couple of quid a month) you might have insurance anyway - I found out last week that I get free travel insurance with my account (that I have had for over 10 years).

With the BASC it's the only one you know with 100% certainty will be there in 12 months time and actually has some clout - not like some of the mickey mouse 2 bob alternatives run out of people's bedrooms. Take a look at the BASC webby and see what they can do for you - you would be surprised as to the length and breadth of the services available.

err, not heard of the countryside alliance then mungler, you would need a big bedroom for that lot :hmm:

Like Catamong (must be an age-thing), I do not display the BASC badge in my vehicle.

I had a Subaru Legacy Estate and a Volvo 960 both keyed badly, including the word "murderer" scratched on the bonnet of the Volvo, which I blame on the badge.

as i said i dont have a car, but if i did i wouldnt use the stickers (even though i love em!) - no point advertising you have guns, never mind the rest :hmm: