How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kegworth..

59 from myself, which iam happy with, but could of done a lot better, strighted 1 stand, and cocked a couple up, otherwise pretty ok overall..

Nothing there that was unhitable, well unless your a poor shot like me :lol:

MS got 67 I think, and strighted a couple of very tricky stands, we were squaded in a grp of 7 but got around very quickly only waited a few mins on one stand i think.

Oh and yes Anni, it was a bit like blackpool.

Worset moment of the day seeing the pattern go perfecly around the mixy rabit from from 3 foot away, and it carrying on rolling down the hill, still i wasn't the only person to miss em, and it gave everyone a good laff as i was first up. :good:

Edited by Ian E

Squadded? Sod that then! :good:

Allegedly it was only squadded for today - apparently tomorrow is un-squadded!

You Wana get down there chard I reckon you would enjoy it

Its defo doable like Nicky has said :lol:

You definitely want to get down there as it was a good shoot.

PDLM - weather was spot on for shooting; tad cold but not a drop of rain fell whilst we were there :lol:

As for the course it was a real mixture of battues, chondels, loopers, the odd incomer and what felt like a lot of teal esq and going away birds. The downhill throwers was only used on one stand but a lot of the more experienced shots in our squad came unstuck on it whilst Anni and I were blissfully unaware of any trickery and just shot it :lol:

Clever usage of White clays too which made some stands harder than they could have been ifthe usual orange clays had been used.

All in all well worth the experience and an enjoyable first visit to Kegworth :(