How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

My goodness............if you thought Grimsthorpe was a tough shoot then you'll be in for a shock at Sarfdarn. :blink:

There'll be plenty of weeping and tears all the way back up the M6. :huh:

If there are no pigeons about I might join you, either there or at Keggy. :blush:

Cat.

It's rangey stuff isn't it? I shoot better at long range :good:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's faaaaarsends of miles :blink:

It's a 175 mile round trip for me, but generally worth the journey. :good:

It's certainly no "Skeet in the trees" like Worsley Grunge, but there's always a hell of a lot of sky around each target to miss in. :blush:

Check the weather forecast, if it's rough down there, it's ROUGH. :huh:

Cat.

Well I've just run it through the Multi-Map route planner and it would be a round trip of 528 miles with 9.5 hours of non stop driving !!!!!!!

:lol: Think I'll give it a miss, It is a lot further than when I used to go to Holland for the Dutch FITASC shoots at Dorhoot Mees but without the fun of the boat trip (sorry P&O - overnight cruise).

I've heard it's a good ground with 1st class targets but it will take more than the Sussex Championship to get me to spend £98 quid on diesel, <>£35 entry, getting up before 5am (I didn't even know there were two 5 O'Clock's in the same day until recently) a few more quid on food, £16 on carts and finally, traffic permitting, getting home just in time for the 10 o'clock news.

Cheerio

Mr Potter

Well I've just run it through the Multi-Map route planner and it would be a round trip of 528 miles with 9.5 hours of non stop driving !!!!!!!

:hmm: Think I'll give it a miss, It is a lot further than when I used to go to Holland for the Dutch FITASC shoots at Dorhoot Mees but without the fun of the boat trip (sorry P&O - overnight cruise).

I've heard it's a good ground with 1st class targets but it will take more than the Sussex Championship to get me to spend £98 quid on diesel, <>£35 entry, getting up before 5am (I didn't even know there were two 5 O'Clock's in the same day until recently) a few more quid on food, £16 on carts and finally, traffic permitting, getting home just in time for the 10 o'clock news.

Cheerio

Mr Potter

You're just an old tightwad f@rt :D:oops::hmm:

I don't think I'll be doing it either, though I haven't finally decided yet :P

I think if I was straining at the leash to get shooting again, I might go for it, but I'm still very lukewarm.

I might not bother going anywhere again this weekend :lol:

You're just an old tightwad f@rt :hmm::D:oops:

I don't think I'll be doing it either, though I haven't finally decided yet :P

I think if I was straining at the leash to get shooting again, I might go for it, but I'm still very lukewarm.

I might not bother going anywhere again this weekend :lol:

You're starting to sound like Mungler, afraid of getting a good whooping, so bottling out on "proper" shoots, is this a dose of "Mung Flue"..?? :hmm:

Cat.

You're starting to sound like Mungler, afraid of getting a good whooping, so bottling out on "proper" shoots, is this a dose of "Mung Flue"..?? :lol:

Cat.

:hmm::D:P It's just the distance really.

I'd like to shoot this one, I fancy some long range stuff, I reckon I could show a few of you big boys up on these targets :oops:

As long as the layout is different from the crappy 'Clubman' shoot we did a while ago. Even I got 85/100 and that was with dropping 10 on just two stands !! Chard and Tosspot got 90/100. I got more straights though.... lol. :lol:

Yes that was easier than Worsley :hmm::D:oops:

Enjoyable day out though :P

I think they're similar targets, they just drag the traps a lot further out into those fields :hmm:

Edited by Chard

Shot Kegworth today with Anni and saw Ian E, Mad Scientist, Claybuster and Mr Potter down there too :good:

Was an interesting course - far from impossible but consistency was definitely required (sadly I lacked it today) to build a big score:

Anni 71 :lol:

Nicky T 67 :lol:

Not abysmal but could (and should) definitely do better all round :(

Well shot Anni :lol:

Lacklustre from me and Nick today :lol: But I personally could have done worse :good:

If you like going away and loppers its the course for you :(

Aproper course break down will have to be Mr Potters Job :lol:

I enjoyed it though, some diffrent birds there for me( like the rabbit simo that was more like a hair and a mixy almost dead rabbit :lol: )

It was squadded so me and Nick went round with 4 other exellent shots :lol: (they even had names on there jackets) so they must have been good.

I know where I lost my 29 birds today so need to work on it :lol: